1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Help Me Id This Old Headlamp?

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by smcd, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Hi all. First post here.

An acquaintance of mine, when he found out I rode a Ducati, asked me if I wanted a Ducati headlamp. He gave me this.

IMG_8833.JPG IMG_8832.JPG IMG_8834.JPG

I can't seem to find any information on it, when it was made, what model is it for, etc. It's 6v, so I'm guessing late 60's? It has a plug where the speedometer would fit, so I'm thinking Scrambler? I dunno. I'm not familiar with Ducatis this old. Any thoughts?

2. Ducati elite with a bung in the speedo hole. Worth quite a bit of money to the right buyer £350-£400.

this was one i built

a6731e1a-d571-4ab9-a587-dc7ff8e3c5e4_zps66c4a05c.jpg

#3 Paddy Barratt, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Not a Sport 48?

4. It looks just like the one I had on my 200cc Elite

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I was about to say Elite. Early 1960s narrow case single. From the photo, this one looks to be in excellent condition, so valuable and sought after as @Paddy Barratt says.

6. Gave? if you sell it for hundreds of dollars, you might treat your generous friend to a drink.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Well I guess I won't go through with my plan to turn this into a lamp.

Thank you all for your responses. I sincerely appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ha. Yes, I'll see if I can't get something nice for him. Years ago I learned that when someone says "Do you want this old motorcycle thing I have", always say yes.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information