1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Id These Wheels?

Discussion in 'Sport Classic' started by Mitch-D, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Hi Gents
    Got a question for you. These are the wheels which were on the bike when I bought it.
    Claim to be Marchesini, seem to be magnesium. Not one casting mark to ID the rims.
    Just wondering if anyone else has these rims fitted or know about them?

Upload image... hope that worked. See my bins too.

0E3158C9-4D13-4150-B6C6-16AD64AD361D.jpeg

5E627461-C16F-4228-BEE3-D35338CFD1ED.jpeg

65CDE54D-CBD5-429A-B19D-6F06E6E18968.jpeg

2. Dunno, but nice bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hehe, thanks Perry.

4. It is nice having modified stuff, but when you don’t know the history of the bits...

5. Did you not get the original rims with the bike out of interest.:thinkingface:

6. Nope, this was it.

The front callipers are also different to fit the front wheel.

Standard rear calliper, some fabricated axle spacers, and a 14/45 sprocket set-up! The bike does 120max, but is very punchy.

7. Fast enough for the UK roads then.;)
    they look Marchesini to me.

8. The front looks like the Marchesini 748/998 mag rim.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Had them on mine back in 2011 - i think they were 5 spoke lightweight Marchesini for the Monster S4 and SS range...

0C3ABC14-0E3C-4500-95F2-FD111ED20BCE.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  10. That looks lovely!

Did you fit the wheels yourself?

Ok, that a good lead to follow up. Monster S4 and SS.

I would really like to check the overall width of the rear wheel assembly including spacers, just to check the alignment with the sprocket is right.

11. Shouldn't you just check wheel alignment first? - then visually look at the chain run for the sprocket alignment :thinkingface:

12. Do you miss that bike?

13. D64F27CF-9921-4345-994A-4FE4E81C6016.jpeg 01537290-7F3C-43A9-A6EF-AAA83E80FBFC.jpeg

Absolutely, I agree with checking the alignment.

There are spacer collars either side of the rear wheel to position it, left to right.
    I need to make sure the wheel is actually inline to the front wheel and then check the sprockets and brake are correctly laterally aligned.

It has been like this for years, the chain and sprockets don’t look oddly worn, so it cannot be out by much if it is at all, but I want to make sure.

As I don’t have an original wheel assembly to check against, it would help if someone can get a measurement or two for me off their bike.

The rear wheel position is currently driven by the brake disc. There is a spacer between the factory brake anchor and the wheel. Allowing the disc to sit mid calliper.

Thus the sprocket position is dictated, it is tricky to say if the sprockets are lined up. Straight edges etc, all a but vague.

Could one of you fine fellows get a dimension or two for me please?

If know the distance between the brake disc mounting face and the sprocket inner face, then I know all is well.

Also the overall width of the wheel and spacers, this way I can check the overall width of the wheel and spacers which fits into the swing arm.
    I have a standard brake anchor so a value with or without this will show the spacers add up to the correct width.

I have made a sketch of what I mean with the 3 dimensions I would really like to know.

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Nice sketch - I hope someone can get the info you need.

Would it help to also know the dimension from the inside of LH swing arm face to outside face of sprocket - this should be the same as a standard wheel/sprocket.

Rubbish annotation of your sketch:
    8E3A21E6-797D-49E9-8CFD-ECF03D279D2A.jpeg

15. Absolutely yes, another good dimension to check. This would also robust the stack of swing arm, sprocket, brake disc as measured from the left side.

If I can assertion the sprocket and brake disc are the right distance apart on the hub, and the sprocket be the correct distance from the swing arm, then the brake disc should sit centrally in the calliper.

16. ....... don’t miss the riding position but it was a one off and loved owning it for 3 years, often wonder who owns it now.

17. I know what you mean , the riding positions extreme to say the least lol

18. Did anyone have the opportunity to measure those critical dimensions? Pretty please...

19. Sorry, not got a SportClassic.

Somebody...help @Mitch-D !!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Same gearing as my 1000ss. Makes it a very punchy bike just avoid motorways.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information