1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Anyone Recommend Me A Powerwasher

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by Tomthebiker, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Hi all on the hunt for a mew powerwasher. Needed for washing bikes car and the odd job about the house she’s been nagging me about for the last year or so. Any advice tips?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Karcher everytime. Unless something is just as capable is on sale at B & Q!

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Aim low. I’ve had a few super duper Karchers. Then I bought the smallest, wankiest Karcher I could find. It’s been totally adequate... as long as it’s household garage standard, it’ll be more than enough... :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. #7 GunZenBomZ, Jan 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  5. I bought a jet washer from Aldi last year. Think it cost £40 (though it may have been £50, I can’t remember now).

Absolutely brilliant bit of kit for the money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Just make sure all the fixings, hose to Lance, hose to washer, water supply to washer etc are quality and not plastic rubbish. I bought a cheap one from Argos and the connector for the push/click garden hose connection at the washer unit end split within a couple uses, fitted a better quality one I had and that then passed the stress along to the actual screw fit of the pump unit in the washer (also plastic), took it back and bought a Qualcast one, had it for years now and still working fine, think it was around £80?

7. Aldi! Less than a hundred quid, super machine and a 3 year warranty so if it craps out you get a new one no questions asked; can't say fairer than that.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. I have one I bought off of Amazon, had decent reviews, came with accessories including a foam lance. Perfectly happy with it for what I use it for; occasional vehicle cleaning, patio etc. Replaces my old cheap one I bought years ago from ebuyer.com which is still going but my ex wife has it.

If working professionally I can see the point in the more expensive more robust models. I don't really get the Karcher thing TBH though I do admit to having one of their window vacs.

9. I bought a Karcher 530M about 15 years ago and I've just had it serviced for the first time (like new for £35). Can't fault it. However, Karcher servicing bloke told me the K2 version that Halfords sell is the worst thing he's come across - throw away after 15 hours' running time he reckons. He had a pile of about 20 K2 outer casings from dead washers. He said either they're irreparable, or not worth repairing - can't remember which. Would I buy a new Karcher? Probably not. Nilfisk next time.

10. Well it’s arrived now to get it outta the house and get the postman before the boss lady sees the credit card bill. And see what I actually paid for it(I’ll do a quick review shortly if I survive):yum

3EEBC98B-C953-4ABB-92C9-CA81CFF20FDD.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Make sure you lay the Kranzle machine flat, they really do not like being used upright like in the picture you Posted.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. The Dutch police have a powerful one, apparently.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Kranzle, best available...........

• Like Like x 1
  14. A whole year since the last episode of High Pressure interest. Not a lot happened in the world since.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information