1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can Someone Who Knows Their 916 Onions Advise Pls On Poss Purchase..

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by NOODS X, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Hi

Can someone please advise on this 916 Monoposto ? 1997 ..

i think it has to be a BiPo with a mono subframe?

also the frame is black? should be gold... ?

i know it’s from the “ All hail to the Sheffield” lot but is it too good to be true?

As you know i’d luv one but?

Appreciate your thoughts.. X

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/203135303455

2. Noods, are you after an original spec one or one to ride and have fun on? If the former it will cost you the purchase price again to restore it as there is barely anything that has not been faffed with and much of that will cost a lot to undo, one persons upgrade is another persons big mistake on a bike of this age and type. If for the latter, check the frame and engine numbers out and see if you can get some history - if the history is sketchy walk away. It looks like bitsa to me and I would avoid it but if the frame and engine match and the history is full and good it may be worth a punt.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Loads wrong for a standard bike buyer, but all the stuff done is the right stuff. Looks clean

4. thanks Denz....

i Do still want/hope for the occasion ride mte when health allows and of course it would have to end up mint for it to be able to sit with me.. Hence i’m struggling to find one that fits ... X

5. Lots of upgrades including the black frame,it's just a case of can you live with it at the end of the day being non O.E standard spec motorcycle.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information