1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can You Get Discount Off New Ducati Bikes?

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Coolhands, Oct 15, 2018.

1. I have no experience of buying any brand new bikes but obviously we all know things like gixxers never retail for full rrp. But do ducati? I don't know. I can get a discount through family employee scheme so just wondering if it's worthwhile or whether everyone can negotiate discounts anyway. Thinking of a hypermotard not anything ultra exotic. just daydreaming really but it's poss something I would consider.

2. Not many, Ducati seem to have a (anti competitive) grip on dealers giving discounts

3. I've bought 2 new Ducatis in the last 3 years, both paid outright. I asked for discount - no chance on the bike, but they give me a measly 10% and free fitting off accessories. The dealers probably make more money from selling finance deals.

• Like Like x 1
  4. They are pre-registered though, not new new. They will be on an older plate.

5. ..... so exactly the same plate as if you went and bought a new one now.... absolutely zero difference.

6. depends WHEN they were pre-reged? If it was before 1st Sep they will be on a 18 not 68.

7. I’m pretty certain the white one will be on a 17/67 plate and the red one will be on a 18 plate and not a 68 plate. In fact I’d bet your house on it. :)

8. Well, all I can say is I bought one off them this time last year with 0 miles and the (then) current 67 plate on it... personally it wouldn’t bother me knowing the saving I’m making, but I know some people wait until the first day of a new reg to buy theirs. It is nice having a new reg for about a month, but after that they are all the same bike (except some were cheaper).

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I had a discount off my scrambler.

I was offered a new Multistrada 1260 last week with around a £1300 discount off list.

Then had an email with following...
    upload_2018-10-16_11-57-5.png
    upload_2018-10-16_11-54-26.png

upload_2018-10-16_11-54-58.png

upload_2018-10-16_11-55-22.png

upload_2018-10-16_11-55-49.png

upload_2018-10-16_11-56-15.png

• Like Like x 1
  10. I got a discount on a new base model 1198 from Aylesbury for 11k. I think they were 14-15k new. 1199 had just been released.

11. Indeed but remember to OP was talking about a bike that is discontinued and who's only option is the last SP version in the country or next years new model that hasn't been released yet...

12. So if it's still about this time next year he should get a nice deal on it :upyeah:

13. Ok so the above deals are 10-12% ish. I can get 18% so seems like overall is generally worthwhile considering it’s on any model. In no position at the mo so maybe the new hypermotard when it comes out...

14. Not sure where the SP part came in, I can’t see that.
    Anyway, I think this is £1k off a 2018 hypermotard?...
    http://www.ducatiaylesbury.co.uk/used/hypermotard
    17108F2E-9041-46DC-9CAC-2F01777C412B.png

15. Italia moto just shifted a pre registered mortard the other month at the same price.

At the time Abingdon also had a new motard in stock.

16. Wazza's is up for sale....he's done 2k on it (bought it new) spunked a load on parts and now its up for sale....its his "m.o." - he does it better than anyone else :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information