1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

848 Can You Remove Baffles From Standard Cans?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Ed848evo, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Hi all, I have been back and forth on Ebay and Ducati websites looking for upgraded exhausts. I have an 848 evo and I was wondering if you are able to remove the baffles from standard cans? I’ve gone onto YouTube and seen videos where it’s possibe but I have no idea how you would remove them? If you can help please let me know. Thanks

2. It would usually be a screw holding in the baffle if its removable. Anyone else offer advice?

3. thread moved

4. Post a photo of your current end cans from the rear and side and it will be easier for people to offer their thoughts and advice :upyeah:

5. If its like my 1198, which i think it is, the oem cans have fixed baffles internally. You'd have to pop the rivetts and cut em out etc. My slash cut termis came with removeable baffles. These were quite effective and passed track day noise test.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Standard cans don’t have baffles. They have internal parts that you can cut out and re-weld, only there’s little point. Buy some aftermarket cans and get the many other benefits that come with increased noise.

7. As above, pop rivers off, remove intervals, cut, replace, rivet

Google it: there will be loads of ‘how tos’ I’d imagine even a YouTube vid or two

8. I don't understand what folk have against the standard can,. I'm a Yorkshireman mind, and firmly of the belief if it ain't broke don't fix it; and if you must buy then get the best or the cheapest.

With exhausts the cheapest option is undoubtedly worse than stock because you've downgraded (assuming you cut the shit out of them) the standard equipment which if you decide to sell how do you revert back?

How many miles have you done in stock exhaust this far out of interest?

9. No, you need to cut them up and chop bits out, hardly worth it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. When I had my 848 with termis, I was in the dealer for something little and the dealer came up and asked me if he could borrow my bike for a second to show a potential customer something. 1 minute later I hear my bike start revving. Next minute the potential customer has added termis to his 848 order. Sounded crap with standard cans :upyeah:

Plus the termis put out 102db on the nose with no baffles. Perfect for track days. It’s like they knew

11. One man's crap is another man's fortune...

Do Not Sell My Personal Information