1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

998 Cans!

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Wooly46, May 4, 2017.

1. I've just got myself some 50mm cans with 45-50mm link pipe and was wondering if it'll run ok if I just chuck them on? I've seen the chips etc but would a re flash be better? Cheers

2. You don't say which of the 748/916/996/998 machines you have. If the OE set up was a 45mm system it is likely you have an P8/1.6M with an eprom. Changing to a 45/50mm half system will require the correct eprom or a Power Commander to run efficiently. Andy

3. Andy, it's just a std 998. Can they be flashed like modern ignitions?

4. As it's a 998 you have the next generation engine management system which means you can reprogramme it more easily than writing to an eprom. You might even be able to find the correct module on eBay. This link, Ecu DB search , greetings to AKress , should give you the correct reference to look for. @chrisw is the forum guru who can give you the best advice. Andy

5. My 996 didn't, would pop and bang on over run. Got a chip from Luigi Moto in Bristol for my setup for about £40. Much much better now.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information