1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't Connect To Forum Via Laptop.unsupported Protocol

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by HYPERBIMDUKE, Sep 10, 2017.

1. [​IMG]
    As title see image. Used to work ok. Csn only use phone now. Any ideas?

2. Have you turned it off and on again?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yep- same error.

4. Clear the cookies on your browser.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. What he ^^^ said

6. I used to get this, and on the advice of a blokey on here called @comfysofa , downloaded CCleaner, run that at each laptop shutdown, good as gold.:upyeah: If ya get stuck, could drop comfy a line, as he knows his onions :)

7. Ran cleaner & rebooted but still yhe same !

8. Clear ya cache

9. Have you had an upgrade lately to your PC

10. ???????????????????? :cool::upyeah:

747032948.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Hmmm....first of all...time and date correct?

12. Time date good, no recent windows upates

13. Has your router had an update?

14. Oh no, Y2k issue you reckon?

15. No router updste either. Will try the wife's laptop tomorrow. Thanks for all your suggestions.

16. No....if the time and date jumps by more than 24hrs site SSL certs start to not work correctly (try it) google will become untrusted for example...

17. I read that earlier I googled the above title hence my ideas ;)

18. Sorry - was at Silverstone yesterday getting soaked and watching people sliding everywhere....

Ok - so start from one end or the other....reboot the router - id say pull the power for 10 secs (what router is it....ADSL or cable and what model?).

Once the router has been rebooted. plug a cable into the router to the one of the 4 switch ports and one to the laptop.....open a command line by typing cmd in the search box and clicking on it....not sure of your os though...type "terminal" if your on Linux.

in the box type "Ping 192.168.0.1" the "0" could be a 1 depending on the router set up....if its working it should "reply" 4 times....then type "ping 8.8.8.8" if it replies back (thats one of google's master DNS servers) then it means the connection between you and the outside world is ok....pull the network cable, join to the wireless network and then try again....if that works then your wireless connection between you and the router is also ok....very basic stuff but you need to establish the basics first....plugging the cable in means the way your laptop gets to the router and then in turn the outside world "simplifies" the transport....once all the above works type in "ping www.google.com" if it replies back then DNS is working (how your laptop turns the 8.8.8.8 number into a name...)

try all of this first and let us know....the above just narrows it down to either transport or OS if all of the above works your networking is ok so time to look at the os....never seen the error before that your seeing but this is my job and i always usually find myself saying at some point during the working week "well fuck me ive never seen that before!" Time to look at the os if the above is ok....

19. Hi Thanks for the recommendation Comfy, I should have said that I am only have this error with the this forum, I can connect to the outside world & indeed other forums, so I assume this means router is correct? as I said I think I must try wife's laptop before anything else.
    Will let you know how It goes tonite.

Cheers

Do Not Sell My Personal Information