1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't 'enter' to get a new line/paragraph...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dukedesmo, Apr 13, 2013.

1. As per the title, when I post anything here (and also PMs etc.) I can't 'enter' to get to the next line so no paragraphs or spaces? Not a huge problem but didn't want people thinking I can't punctuate properly. Anyone got any ideas why?...

2. It's been the same for me lately. Maybe a site problem. I'm sure Mat the cave brown will let those that need to know know

3. No
    Problems
    Here?
    so maybe browser issue or a setting within your account?

4. This is the first I've heard of the problem.
    Anybody else getting it?

5. Yes if you remember I had this a couple of weeks ago, it's ok now so I thought you or Rob had sorted it.
    Steve

PS mine was only when using the mobile phone, I could compose a post OK and when i pressed send the punctuation changed.

#5 Birdie, Apr 14, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2013
  6. Yes I had it also same time as birdie

Though I could return but instead of paragraphing it was one block of writing

7. Also same for me either in a reply to a post or on a PM.

8. Okay, I'll look into it and contact Rob again :smile:

9. Me too, I thought my computer was playing up, been running anti virus scans etc.to try and sort it.

10. +1 with new line issue about 10 days ago, now resolved itself

11. Help - Paragraphs

Why is my browser (?) no longer allowing me to write in paragraphs. The return key is no longer working within the message box. Any ideas ?

12. Sounds as though your browser is spasticated :smile:

13. What version of which browser? And what's your OS?

14. Some other members have reported a similar problem. As Loz said, which browser are you using? Firefox, Chrome or IE?

15. Win 7 HP 64 bit and IE 10

16. Hmm, IE10. That ought to be up to date enough - I'm forced to use IE8 with my work laptop, which is tricky sometimes - but then again, it's IE and I hate that browser.

Someone will inevitably ask, "Have you cleared out your cookies?". It won't fix the fault but it'll keep you busy for a while :wink:
    Actually, it may fix the fault. I am assuming you have performed a full shutdown and re-started your computer, and that other apps and other websites are fine.

17. Me too. IE10. Have to copy and paste in paragraph returns from another programme.

18. Works fine

using

Google Chrome

19. You are lucky my work laptop uses IE6 :eek: but technically we aren't supposed to go outside of our works network.

20. Cleared cookies. Still can't write in paragraphs using IE10. This has been a problem for a while now with numerous reboots.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information