1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon Fibre Front Mudguard For The Ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Hi all

Anyone bought a carbon front mudguard for their SS?

If so, any recommendations on sellers?

I've just received one and I'm not impressed for what it cost, some of the mounting holes aren't centered and the mounts themselves appear to be completely deformed. Square root of eff all quality control. If you hold it to the light you can see right through the weave.

Furthermore, placing it next to the original mudguard I'm concerned that the thing will fit properly at all. And the fact that my bike is still in pieces means I can't verify that.

Anyone else had any such issues with carbon products?

Yours fkd-offingly

2. i bought a carbon guard for my ss a few months back .it is spot on but not cheap. around 110 quid. it was from an English outfit whos name eludes me right now but i can scan my purchase history and let you know..

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I've got one sitting in the garage if you're looking for a better replacement?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks - I may well be interested, depending on how I get on with the seller of this one. I suppose I could assemble the forks and wheel, and offer it up, to at least confirm my fears.

5. I too would be interested in this, but not wanting to stand on anyone’s toes!
    :)

6. RSRmoto, great bit of kit

• Like Like x 1
  7. who did you get it from?

If it was an original one then it would have been wet-lay and yes you'd have seen pin prick light right through it.

Unless you have drill bsuhes in the mould its highly unlikely any holes ever match up unless they're assembly jigged.

No carbon part will just fit as beautifully as the original plastic part, and it wasn't uncommon for stuff back in the day to just not fit at all without a lot of work.

So wet lay: QB carbon
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-8...814555&hash=item216981e18e:g:9qYAAOSwzkRd-3Lu

pe-preg: RSR carbon
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-8...814555&hash=item285ea08876:g:pFMAAOSwI-dbNqRM

Pre-preg: king carbon
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DUCATI-8...=172959297183277262a5d2b3456f9fd8efdad04de3cd

• Like Like x 1
  8. There's a hesitation on his part so get in quick myfriend.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. The one i got was from carbon king. It is a really good fit and finish in gloss. they were really good to deal with in that i mistakenly ordered one for an i.e, so i rang them the next day after i had worked out my error, to ensure the correct one was sent...
    the one for the carby was 13 quid more expensive so i asked if i could pay it by card, the chap said no, he would send a paypal request, then he said actually its all good and they done it for the cheaper price.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. @chizel Why don't you show that product with a photograph from your lovely bike.:thinkingface:

11. if you insist.. giz a min

• Like Like x 1
  12. No work today?

13. 20180420_113140.jpg no... still cant log in on my phone and cant find a pic on the laptop...
    have one of spider duck in spain instead

• Like Like x 3
  14. pulling a sicky... i cant be arsed with the world outside today...

• Like Like x 1
  15. It was from a company called VW CARBON so not a genuine Ducati Performance item.

16. I know how you feel i've a million things for today on that list,but i'll only acheive half a dozen....and the bike looks fab.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Is it possible to drill mounting holes in the right position (admittedly ending up with an oval mounting hole probably) or will the carbon just shatter? Shouldn't have to be doing that anyway really.

18. sounds a bit risky... id be sending it back if that was needed. that said if , if the holes were only slightly out, a round file and a bit of patients would be my approach.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. IMO any carbon fibre panel doesn't improve the appearance of the SSs. It should be confined to exhaust cans.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. I got mine from Carbon King seemed a good fit. I do like the carbon/yellow combo and the carbon/black. But red looks good with red mudguard IMHO.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#20 wolfram, Jan 24, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information