1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 R Carbon Fibre - Mix & Match With Other Models?

Discussion in 'Monster' started by tcrofty7, Feb 1, 2021.

1. I will be looking to buy some cf for my Monster but i would like to know if you can mix and match cf from other models?

I'll be looking to upgrade the heel plates, hugger, chain guards, heat shield and ignition cover. I'd also like the swing arm cover and hence my question......Ilmberger don't make a swingarm cover in cf but is the swing arm the same as any other Ducati model?

I'm hoping that the swingarm on the monster is the same as the 1199/1299 Pani, but i'm not sure and need your help.

2. They will be different weave from manufacturer to manufacturer. Also, there are Matt and Gloss types, so be careful - I'd get all mine from the same manufacturer. I bought Ducati for my swingarm & chain guard

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'll buy all the cf from the same supplier i just want to know if a swing arm cover from a pani will fit a monster etc?

4. The swingarm on the "R" 37021381CB is different even from the 2017~20 Monster S.
    I know DP made a swingarrm cover for the "R".
    IMGP0017.JPG
    IMGP0016.JPG
    IMGP0019.JPG
    Heel plates, hugger, chain guards, heat shield and ignition cover and more for the 1200 "R" are also available from www.shift-tech-carbon.com.
    I purchased most of my CF parts there. Very high quality and service.
    20180812_174533.jpg

#4 DarR, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Are you sure DP makes a swingarm cover for the "R" because i can't seem to find it?

6. Yes. I just edited my previous post with photos from the Monster 1200R booklet.

#6 DarR, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cheers. Just made contact with Ducati Store UK to see what they can do.

Have seen what shift-tech carbon think about shipping to UK!! :joy::joy::joy:

8. You have a lovely looking Monster. Any pictures of the other side of it?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Unfortunately not. I never think about taking a photo of that side.
    However, there's not much to see there in CF. All I have on the left side are: engine cover (Similar to the right) rear hugger and chain cover. I didn’t get the swingarm cover as it was ridiculously priced back then.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LOL. I just saw it. Guido at S-T has a good (twisted) sense of humour. And I quote the link:

https://shift-tech-carbon.com/onlineshop/

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. The Monster 1200 2014/15/16 and R models have a different swing arm to the 2017 on models I believe.

I think the supersport has the same swing arm as the Monster ?

• Like Like x 1
  12. The "R" (37021381CB) has a different swingarm than all Monsters.
    https://issuu.com/desmoworks/docs/monster1200r_en_us_my17

Do Not Sell My Personal Information