1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 Carbon Fibre Tank

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Chris B, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Hi There,
    I am looking at buying a carbon fibre tank for my 749r, have my eye on one made by Tamburini...the build quality looks great. What are your thoughts ? Are there any other manufacturers to consider, and where can you buy one from ?

Cheers

Chris

2. What would be the reason for a carbon tank?

3. Part of a weight reduction plan....looking at 12kg off all up.

4. Perhaps I am stupid, but would you not achieve the same weight saving by filling the normal tank with half a litre less fuel?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mmmm, your glass is always half empty :thinkingface:

6. If his glass is a litre capacity, you would both appear to agree on this issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Haha !

8. I have one for sale if your interested DSC_0270-2393x1350.JPG

9. Hello,

Yes I am interested, can you email me on [email protected] please or look me up facebook chris boxall, easy to find as I have a 749r as my picture.

Wow that does look like an interesting project...tell me more please !

Regards

Chris

10. Hi Chris,
    I will shoot you over an email later tonight, I've just started a thread on my build in the projects section. :upyeah:

11. Maybe i'm a bit off trend but i would be cautious of CF tanks, in my experience if they are not sealed properly you will have problems, i had a 23L Kamna tank on my 999S and i had a weep around the fuel pump aperture that i could not sort out out despite getting the tank pro caswell sealed, although it looked good and saved loads of weight i always had the nagging feeling in the back of my mind that i could be a riding something which might spontaneously combust at ant time!

20170325_104245.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. Had mine sealed professionally tail end of last year, I was told there is a new ethanol resistant caswell mix, and that the directions for application are revised

• Like Like x 2
  13. D63E2FB0-72D5-49AF-A785-CADE3991194D.jpeg
    Well aye. But it wouldn’t look nearly as cool.

And banging on about less fuel load down the boozer will have everyone thinking you’re barking.

Show them a picture of this however, and they’ll all want to touch you. And be your friend....

Check out this beauty for my V4S. Yeah baby!!

14. Stunning
    Looks like a carbon cod piece made for Freddy Mercury.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. No sorry.
    I got mine direct from eti.

Great quality and can be used with std airboxes

Do Not Sell My Personal Information