1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

899 Carbon Side Stand

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Red899, Sep 26, 2017.

1. I'd rather spend the money on tyres and petrol tbh ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. How much? Crikey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I do get both your points but when you compare it to the pony oem one....its quite a bit nicer isnt it?

4. Cons: Costs a lot of money
    Pros: Stops bike from falling over

5. From the comments on cost i take it no ones bought carbon fibre parts on here before lol
    Anyway i went and saw my dealer this morning, its a fairly easy fit the lower faring needs to come off (shock horror).
    Thanks for all your help.

6. For that money, youre not far off a carbon subframe or something. Unless you have one already of course. Or something equally desirable and pricey. But Ive never even considered a sidey. But its what you want that matters to you, what we think is irelevant. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Not sure why DC market these as "Moto Corse" as they are made by CDT in Slovenia. Conquest Carbon are the official importers for CDT Fullsix products in the UK and with the forum discount, you can get them cheaper here:
    https://conquestcarbon.com/product/fullsix-ducati-panigale-carbon-fibre-side-stand/

In fact they work out at £275 incl VAT and UK postage by comparison. (not including 20% forum discount)

Here's mine:

SPS014.jpg

8. I wouldn't buy it (and I'm a lightweight-parts whore) as it's just an alloy side stand wrapped in carbon fibre, so what are you actually getting for your £350?

A carbon-wrapped sidestand.

9. To be honest i was more concerned with how it might look in 6 months time when your boot's been up and down it a few times, i hadnt even realised it was just wrapped.

10. Sorry AirDuck but it is actually carbon throughout unless CDT have changed the design subsequently. I had mine fitted to my 1199S for two years then transferred it over to the 1299 with zero problems. The only issue I had was I had to get the bore of the carbon pivot hole reamed out a couple of thou, as on the 1299 the tolerances were slightly different with the pivot bolt. There are only three metal inserts in the part. One is the magnet to activate the side stand switch, which is bonded in, the second is the lower spring pin threaded boss and the last is the footplate. The whole things weighs bugger all and compared to the weight of the OEM aluminium stand is noticeably lighter. I can assure you it is not wrapped. Incidentally where are you getting £350.00 from?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Its not 350 btw, its 285 plus discount!

12. It's 285 plus VAT no?

13. Well that's good to know - the one the OP linked to has an alloy core as explained in the advert "a Billet Hardened Aluminium Centre and Carbon Fibre Strengthened Finish" which is a joke at that price - and that's also where I got the price from £286.54 + VAT + shipping, is around £350.

Do you know what your stand weighs @Topolino ?

14. It's not wrapped. I saw another stand made by CDT when I was at EICMA in Milan for MotoRapido when Jacob Smryz was riding in BSB for them. It was a rear paddock stand but not as you would know one. It was an ingenious single leg that hooked into the left hand axle bore. They had some preproduction version of it on the stand which had been sectioned. Solid carbon inside, no alloy. Sebastian is the product manager at CDT and he explained how difficult a process it was to perfect the side stand, in terms of the weave and construction, to give it the strenght needed. My bike hasn't fallen over yet! As for wear on the side stand, I had mne wrapped in 3M film along it's length to protect it from my boots and stone chips. No issues with marking at all (and mine is the gloss version, so arguably more noticeable if damage occurs). If you want any more information feel free to get in touch.

15. Perfect cheers dude :upyeah:

16. I think we are talking cross-purposes here. The price I quoted is what Conquest sell it for. Theirs is the CDT Fullsix product. I can't speak for what Design Corse sell, but if theirs is carbon clad alloy look-a-like, it's a joke as you say. The price from Conquest is as I stated (take a look at the link I posted up). I have dealt with Steve at CC for a while know and he has a very close working relationship with CDT and often visits the factory in Slovenia. Not sure DC invest that level of commitment to be honest. I've no idea what my stand weighs AirDuck, but all I can say is it's noticeably lighter and when you pick one up, you'd be forgiven for feeling as if the thing will snap in half when you entrust it to support your bike's weight. As I said, mine's still upright after 4 years after having been fitted to two different bikes. Oh and Red899, when I took the picture of the stand, it had already been on the bike for over a year and used regularly. If your boots have titanium or metal sliders on them, I would encourage you to fit some 3M film. You cant see it when it's applied and you can always peel it off and replace it if necessary. Even with the film in place, a quck buff with a cloth and it's as shiny as before. Anyone on here that knows me, knows I am terminally OCD. If I fit a part its because I know it's well made. This part is. I can't add more to it than that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  17. Wrong info here, it is 100% carbon fibre, the only alloy part of the stand is the bottom plate.

18. Really?

"Panigale Side Stand with a Billet Hardened Aluminium Centre and Carbon Fibre Strengthened Finish"

19. Absolutely who wrote this info is very miss informed.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information