1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Carbon Wheels For The Enduro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by GunZenBomZ, Feb 13, 2019.

1. For a number of years I've been lets say hassling BlackStoneTek & HPS (dealer) via their email service & phone calls. Now I'm quite fed up with these two outlets ignoring the vital & premium adventure touring market which is fully encapsulated in the ducati enduro-motorcycle. Launched by ducati in 2016, so I've had a brain fart & reached out to Dymag. A british company who I hope with fingers crossed will succeed in filling this market space.

This will also provide people with the 950 multistrada an avenue for carbon wheels, as they are based on the same frame as the multi-enduro. Any other owners hoping that carbon wheels are launched for this bike?

2. Really?

Carbon wheels for off-road?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thread moved

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. When you move a thread could you just put a note to say where too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Have you seen this MCN article 30/11/16? The closing para in particular indicates they are available for the MTS. The Australian distribributor has BST wheels listed for it as well as a decent provision for *cough* BMWs.

http://www.red-mist.com.au/products/cat/20

[​IMG]

6. Multistrada.

7. Look at the top of the page :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. @Silent Bob the multistrada is a single swing arm beautiful bike. The enduro is a normal swing-arm & yes it can do off-road/fire-roads/unsealed roads; which mine has done & will do. Even if its equipped with £3k carbon wheels. I've got £1,000 worth of wheel lighting as it stands on my bikes..
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • WTF WTF x 1
  9. You certainly like to plough your own furrow, in that regard I think you have the perfect bike.

TB

10. LOL. No one in their right mind would do that, but then again no-one in their right mind would take a 225kg dry, £19k bike with a 19” front wheel off road either ... even though it might look the part.

Oh ... and gravel/fire roads don’t count as “off-road” - they are nothing ... @bradders, @Pete1950 and I have done far worse than those on @Pete1950’s Off-Road School in Germany. My carbon-wheeled D16rr faired ok, but I seem to remember Pete’s Multi ending-up in a ditch ;-)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. It seems to be more of a tart thing than a common sense and beneficial thing. If you wanted to save weight through carbon wheels, why not simply stop carrying three metal boxes most who go off road tend to use, or heavy kit designed for the paris dakar but often only goes from Woking to Brighton.

Beyond looks, there are far better, more reliable and cheaper ways to saave weight on an adventure bike.

12. just go on a diet

13. Off roading on such a heavy bike - Why? Hope you don't have to pick it up after an off. Hauling 35 stone out of the mud won't be too easy.

14. I do agree the carbon wheels look lovely. A mate has a set on one of his bikes (not a multi). For road use they are great on a light sports bike.
    No way would I want to use them off road though.
    I did a 2 week tour around Lesotho a few years back on a GS, and the alloy rims on the spoked wheels didn't fare too well (mind you neither did the fork legs on some bikes). At least alloy rims will bend / deform rather than de-laminate / split.

If you do buy a set please post up pictures, some of us are quite partial to a bit of carbon :cool:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  15. Going off road with a 225kg bike does require a fair amount of skill.......but with that skill its perfectly possible.

16. I think when you've got £1000 of wheel lighting then you absolutely need carbon wheels to show them both off properly.

The 19" front wheel and 30 litre fuel tank are irrelevant.

TB

• Like Like x 1
    • Lock Thread Lock Thread x 1
  17. Very 'Fast and Furious' . I can't decide if I like it or not but as long as you do that's all that counts! It's your money dude spend it any way you want! Keep posting the pics of any new mods!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Lots of helpful replies....

Go on a diet?

Don’t use boxes?

Answering questions that haven’t been asked. Always a good ‘internet look’.

I’ve got a set of CF wheels on my Pikes Peak, I could wax lyrical about the benefits, but I’ll say this:

They give me a nice warm feeling every time I look at them. 3 grand well spent? Probably not, but it’s only money.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Love You Love You x 1
  19. Incidentally, I wouldn’t be to confident about BST making wheels for the Enduro, but I wonder if the 959 wheels would fit?

20. Those twin spoke @gc6269 are gorgeous & very similar to the superleggera ones. There is always a precentage of people who go the extra mile to covert their bikes above & beyond the rest. And I want to be that subtle show-off. The reason BST gave me was that there would be too few interested. Which might be the case. Though they have 'tools' as they call them for 20year old bikes, and these tools are simply large metal blow-mold style twin sided ingots. I even offered to cover part of the cost of making a mold for my bike ontop of the price.

As I'm a couple of thousand shy of the 2nd desmo service, I've a few bits too powdercoat & refresh. So fingers crossed this year one of these manufactures will want my hard earned mullah!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information