1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carbon

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Geo7863, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Made a neat little holder for my Coils/ CDI boxes today... I tend to buy the odd NASCAR/INDY carbon odds and ends mainly Electrics trays and brake cooler ducts, for the neat formed corners in the former and the compund curves in the latter...one can fabricate a fair few things from these..seeing as I am not a carbon moulding expert...just yet.

The PC 310 battery that I have is lower and narrower than the standard.... but its a bit fatter (front to rear).. The dynacoils are massive compared to standard and things were a bit squashed under the tank. So hopefully this little holder...formed from an ECU tray will help to keep the wiring out of the way and make it all a bit neater under the tank...still havent fitted the battery tray successfully yet! :frown:

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

2. Blimey, that's a nice filter cover! Where did you find that?

3. German eBay a couple years back mate...most of my carbon came from Germany!... the two top trumpets were on it originally, the two bottoms ones were 916 fuel injection inlet trumpets which I cut up and added on!

4. Howdo!!!!

Can't believe you cut up a set of intakes!! Been looking for ages..................

Pablo

5. FILTH!! :upyeah:

Where did you get the carbon valve cover??

6. they crop up from time to time on eBay deutschland you salty old seadog!

7. same answer mate...they crop up from time to time on ebay Deutschland! I have bought two sets so far, a set is three becuase of the oil cooler hanger, so I originally used two and gave one to a chap on the old forum for his bike and kept using two OEM alloy ones with oil cooler hangers.

Then I got another set, made my own cooler hangers and used two from the new set of three, but these werent as good as the first set and had cracked around one of the screw holes. So I used one from the second set, two from the first set and an identical plain design magnesium one from a set of two that I had also found. I had two of the cracked ones, sent one off to a chap on the old forum who makes carbon... never got it back.

Have found another original plain design magnesium cover (not finned like the Bevels/Pantahs!) and also bought a set of finned magnesium ones for my TT rep (these come as a set of four)...jesus how many have I got now?

I think that makes two carbon and two original plain design magnesium ones are for the SL, one plain magnesium and three finned magnesium for my TT rep.. one finned magnesium spare, one (cracked) carbon spare and one OK carbon spare now!

8. Made my battery holder, fitted it all together...now the bike wont start! charging the battery now, but I think I may have forgotten a lead somewhere or crossed some of the wires! Do the coils need to be directly earthed? OK beforehand they were monted on a metal hanger...but that screwed into the airbox housing so it wasnt earthed there! will have to strip the bugger out again...doh!

Also made my first mould for producing top quality carbon fibre goodies to rival Illmberger... needs tidying and although the clutch cover I want to make isnt for this bike... hopefully it will be ok!...then maybe make a mould for carbon valve covers, and for the small carb breather boxes...before attempting the mother of all moulds.... the airbox itself!

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information