1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Career Best Finish For Barbera At Phillip Island

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by mattmccabebrown, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Best open class bike

Hector Barbera started from 14th on the grid and the experienced Spanish rider made a solid start to the race, fighting up to tenth position by lap six. A battle ensued with the likes of Yonny Hernandez (Energy T.I. Pramac Racing) and Scott Redding (GO&FUN Gresini Honda) throughout the race. Barbera dropped as low as 14th in the group before starting a charge forward in the final ten laps.
    The crash of Stefan Bradl (LCR Honda MotoGP) and AleixEspargaro (NGM Forward Racing) on lap 20 reignited the battle for top Open class bike with Barbera and Redding swapping place regularly in the closing stages. Not only did Barbera get the better of Redding, he also overtook Redding’s teammate Alvaro Bautista (GO&FUN Gresini Honda).
    Barbera was the top Open finisher and also the second Ducati rider home. Fifth is his best ever MotoGP™ result, beating his sixth place from Jerez in 2011.
    Hector Barbera
    “I’m very happy because this result is incredible for me and for my team. I think it was necessary to change our old bike to the Ducati. The Ducati has more power, it’s a very good bike and I enjoyed it all through the race. I was battling with Bautista, with Redding, with Aoyama. It’s a good position and it’s the first time I have been the first Open rider.”
    “My feeling is getting better with every race. When you change the bike during the season it’s difficult because you don’t have time to test, but I’m happy with the bike, the feeling is coming and I think it will be better in Malaysia.”

From MotoGP.com

Read the whole post here.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information