1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Careful Around Cheshire

Discussion in 'Rideouts & Events' started by Backonabike, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Hi All,

Just a little heads up for those having runs out in Cheshire.
    There is a push to slow bikes down and with an unmarked black Yam tourer its easy to get caught out. I was fortunate that the lovely chap who pulled me gave me the option of a new scheme, a rider improvement course.
    Some lads I met later weren't as fortunate with the marked bike...
    Cheers

• Thanks Thanks x 3
  2. The Rules,,,,,if you get stopped just be very polite and start Licking his boots;):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Thanks for the heads up. I like blatting along the lanes of Cheshire.

4. no problem, the rider improvement option, I bit my lip and didn't say "improvement ? I couldn't go any quicker"

• Funny Funny x 7
  5. I didn't know the "Rider Improvement option" existed as a possibility instead of a ticket. Let us know what happens.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  6. http://www.ttc-uk.com/booking-enquiry-ride-scheme/ and you can do it at police headquarters at Hutton which is £40 cheaper !

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. It appears to be the bike equivalent of the Speed Awareness course. Fair enough, I'd accept the offer if I'm ever in that position.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Oh right, thanks for the heads up on this

9. Thanks for this whereabouts are they operating.?

10. Did a rider awareness course may 2017 cost £120 + day off good course and great food
    Better doing a course then 3 point I was 36 in a 30, if you get caught again on a bike with in three years then it’s points after then you can do another course,
    You don’t have to mention to your insurance company about the course as you have not been convicted of a driving offense, I know this as the copper who pulled me said and also on the course and I still told my insurance company and they said no need to tell as no offense was commited.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Dude, no need to go that far down

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. You're keen this evening.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Carr, I’ve had a rough day, pull up a chair :kissing_heart:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Erm... No thank you.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I'd rather the resources were used to tackle burglary, violent crime, drug dealing etc.
    Strange how the funding is readily available to target motorcyclists specifically.
    If they have a speed trap set up in a 30mph zone and you are caught along with motorists then fair enough. When they are out specifically targeting motorcyclists then that's motorised racism!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cos no one commits crime on a motorcycle :thinkingface::rolleyes:

17. Timber,,,Most of us agree with you on this one but this is a very,very easy payday:upyeah:

18. Bastards are openly drug dealing outside my office window on the street. The Police have never appeared, gave up reporting it long since.
    I work all week, pay my taxes then some wanker is waiting in a 60mph zone on an unmarked bike to pull me over doing 70. It all went wrong somewhere.

19. Yes.......this lot is running or ruining your country;) doesn't matter what team is batting their all the same:rolleyes: index.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. you sure they weren't just passing some sweets around? given you inability to see both the speed signs and someone suddenly appearing and keeping pace with you for at least half a mile. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information