1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Caron Fibre Bodywork. Paint, Graphics Or Leave As Is??

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Mary Hinge, Nov 24, 2018.

1. So I've finally bitten the bullet and bought the tank and side panels for my V4S. It's now ready to be completely clad in FullSix carbon fibre (gloss) lovliness.
    With winter looming large I've plenty of time to sort it. But I can't decide whether to go special paint job (favorite at the moment), nice graphics job (2nd choice) or leave it all as it is (3rd).

What do you reckon??

• Like Like x 1
  2. If I was doing the whole bike carbon I’d leave it like these :heart_eyes: DC8FA566-2C25-4B14-A5F3-7E99E8702C71.jpeg

But if not I’d have the carbon painted but leaving a few bits bare to show it off!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. F*ck a couple of tasty examples.

4. MR had a customer who went the Fullsix 9 yards in I think satin. Not sure if it was the intention to do anything more as there were time constraints. The customer was off to Spain on it like about 4 days after the last piece of bodywork was delivered.
    IMO and this is awfully subjective, it wasn’t to my taste. Full gloss will clearly look different but my mind goes back to the F40 and how Ferrari used just enough paint to give the car colour but close up, you could still see the carbon weave. Saw a 749R where they’d done something very similar and it was subtle. The 996R and 998R carbon bodywork came painted but with bits left in lacquered carbon which is very classic. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. If there is an option to leave everything black, I'd do that. If you still have the odd red panel on it, something else. :thinkingface:

6. Paint it. With exposed carbon lettering. Old school Ducati R :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. paint it yellow :D:sun:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. It's good that I'll arrive here first when I fit the tank and side panels. I can decide if I like it. Erring on classic Ducati paint job with lettering and lines left in bare carbon... Plenty of time to think about it. Good job I'm at work :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  9. I like the go yellow idea

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah that’s the one. Too much carbon fibre shouts of new money!

• Like Like x 1
  11. And Matt blacks screams unfinished!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. No argument from me but it does seem very popular. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I love matte carbon. Think it’s looks so much better then gloss in my opinion

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Definitely leave but with some Red and possibly some Green in.... :upyeah:

15. image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  16. image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  17. Err, thanks Adam :kissing_heart:

18. Not a fan of full carbon myself, paint or graphics with carbon tastefully showing would be my choice.
    Steve

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yeah, I went with the CF sub frame. My favorite chunk so far. Fuel tank on order so looking forward to stroking it. And the tank :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. No, I don't think I am either. Looks a bit too.... black. A bikes colour should be chopped up a bit IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information