1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cartagena 4th October

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Just paid the final instalment for 3 days open pit lane with BBS at Cartagena. That's 7 hours track time each day :eek:. 5 weeks and counting :). Andy

• Like Like x 1
  2. I cant make it this year :sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:
    Gonna have to wait till Almeria next year .

3. That's a shame. I see Gary is planning Almeria and Jerez next year so I'm starting saving pennies now. It might have been a little bit more expensive but Jerez was well worth it last year and would really like to do it again. Andy

4. We need to coordinate diaries fellas :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sounds awesome

I'm jealous

6. Got to spend your winter fuel allowance On something I suppose ..:upyeah:

7. Almeria is currently just spring 2018 but was early May this year and Jerez is autumn 2018 but was September last year. I'm guessing dates will firm up in the new year. Forewarned is forearmed, BBS are about a third more expensive than FE for the same track format but you get half board and an extra night at a better hotel. You also don't get track warriors and wannabes, just 45 good riders who are able to manage mixed ability track time enjoyably and safely. And the bikes are properly palleted on a curtain sider, driven by a rider. Andy

8. Oh and I'm guessing that there will be 2 Ducati days again, May and July. Andy

9. Not quite 11 o'clock on Day 2 and it's 25 degrees and climbing. 1st session out no dramas although a 'steady' pace was the reason for that. Carole's having a blast on her NC29 mixing it with much bigger boys. Got a mixture of bikes from a TL1000R right down to an RSV250. 2 Ducatis, an MV, quite a few Triumphs and of course Gixxers and Yams although only 1 Kawasaki ZX10 which seems a bit odd given it was the bike to have. Time to rehydrate and get back out there. Andy

10. End of year Andy so all the racers aren’t there. Hence no zx10’s ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Still got plenty of them, probably one too many. He doesn't seem to like aging, overweight Ducati riders who are obviously just getting in his way :upyeah:Andy

12. Ha you’re probably bigger than him so just lean on em ;)

13. To be fair, they are not a bad bunch and they do give Carol the respect she is entitled to on track which is the main reason we stick with them. Andy

14. Just finished packing the bikes and kit onto pallets after 3 phenomenal days. 1 Speed Triple engine lunched itself and mixed coolant with oil and 1 Daytona rider launched himself and the bike into the scenery twice but other than that, no problems. Weather has been great all 3 days if a little too hot at 27 or 28 degrees just after lunch. Bit of a party tonight and fly home tomorrow. Sad but looking forward to the BSB at Brands next weekend. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  15. Pleased you had a good time :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. Well, I have a ST engine that would suit that bike perfectly :upyeah:

17. And the rider was told exactly that. If it is still around when he decides what he needs to do, I'll put him in contact with you. Andy

• Like Like x 2
  18. Top man :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information