1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Castle Combe Track Day

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by MADASL, May 3, 2018.

1. cc-2may.jpg

A small gathering ready to ride at Castle Combe yesterday. Great morning riding in the rain and a great afternoon riding in the sun shine!

Monster 1100, 748, 900SS, 800SS available for track day hire other bikes belong to their owners.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Nice. Good to see some get past the noise too!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Note the standard end cans, except the Aprilia which has some none standard internal baffling curtesy of yours faithfully.

Also note the lack of any Panigale!

4. How did the Aprilia get through, I have what looks like the same Akra can on, I have the DB killer as well but haven’t had it tested @MADASL

5. I'm sure they've been told a billion times.....But , proper 20min seasons and sensible noise testing would make Castle Doom a reasonable wee circuit.

6. I built an internal baffle for it that fits between the end can and the headers. Can make more if required.

7. They need to first take out those comedy chicanes (made of hay bales) at the end of camp straight and I can't remember where the other one is. Oh, and maybe spend a few bob on resurfacing!

8. Noise is dictated by the local council - any none compliance and they will close the circuit for the day.

As an instructor there I am wanting to come of after 15 minutes - old I guess. The up side is only 12 people on track so quality time not spent passing 50 others on the same track. Or in my case being cut up by 50 others!

All circuits are getting the same grief these days so break out the standard cans - it will happen.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. It's resurfaced and the ACU require the last chicane as the run off is a little narrow so it stays for the track day - the chicanes need to be there so I can overtake on the brakes when riding the little 600SS.

10. Aren't they 10 min sessions?

11. They're still bollocks if you know how to ride! I used to hang the back wheel out speedway style around camp corner when I first rode the circuit on my 916 many moons ago. This is me now after exiting the chicane and into camp, hardly moving son!
    FOWLERS270917 1933.jpg

12. Nice trainers.

Unfortunately the ACU decided the BSB riders needed it.

13. Between 10 and 15 depending on number of red flags. I'm still sweating buckets after 10 min in reality.

Rainy days quite often become open pit lane as people leave in the afternoon - but don't tell anyone.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. I've had some great days there when I started track days...But I wouldn't go back. Even just for VFM/track time per £.
    Just feedback...:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. And just down the road from us :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. They are Dainese boots actually Dad, certified for track use but thanks all the same. I wear them in case the fashion police turn up whilst I'm riding and with that corner so slow now luckily everyone gets to see them!
    Just think how safe the circuit will be when no-one is riding on it?
    #constructivecriticism

17. In fairness, they do actually look like trainers. I'd hate the get a shoelace dragged into the chain mech

• Like Like x 1
  18. I'd have guessed trainers as well....Maybe I'm a Dad...:D

• Like Like x 1
  19. I'm a dad too but I was more kind of responding to the guy's cheap shot (as I'm sure was evident)!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information