1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Castle Coombe Track Day , 1198 Carbon Termis. ,

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by SF Kiwi, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Has anyone actually got on the track on the 1198 with Termi slip on's

First hand experience?

I don't have DB killers as yet.

Asking as on the website, they say that the 1198 might have trouble.

Thanks in advance.

2. I couldn't get on at Castle Combe with a CB500 running a Micron 2 into 1. They are really strict on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bloody hell!
    Thanks tho.
    It's my closet track (from Newquay Cornwall)
    Might make a trip up there and do a DB check ahead of booking anything.

Thanks mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Why the hell would you do a trackday at Castle Combe?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Notoriously strict so never even attempted to go there.

6. I ran a 1200 Multistrada with a Leo Vince decat system and baffles at Castle Combe. Noise test hovered at 105db and they let me on. My 1098R with 70mm system tested at 105db at Silverstone. It's marginal. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. Its close to me - but as far as tracks as concerned its basic at best....but yeah - very strict i dont think my old rsv4 is stock form passes...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. No offence but Castle Combe is a horrendously lame track. I had more fun identifying my dads body at the morgue than riding around there.

Why not try Pembrey? Message them direct on their Facebook page and tell them the bike/system, they will get back to you in the same day.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. It’s like doing a trackday/military re-enactment thing. Lots of hay bales on the track as makeshift chicanes (don’t go too fast lads will you) and old men smoking pipes and drinking tea in army huts whilst swapping stories about the good old days.
    I would rather have my eyes put out than do another one there.
    Save your money and buy a Dad’s Army box set instead, you’ll get the same effect but in the comfort of your own home!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  10. Closest track to me that I can ride to. I did ride to Silverstone for a track day but that was so so far.
    I guess the short answer is.....I'm keen

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Seriously, make the effort to go to a proper track again. CC would have been alright in the 50’s. You will wish you hadn’t, particularly if you have been at Silverstone. The difference will be night and day!
    Failing that, move somewhere closer. Isn’t living in Cornwall a bit like being in the 50’s anyway?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Ride to Exeter, jump in my van (I’m not a sex offender, honest) and we can do Pembrey/Donny etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Can you pick me up from Geneva please? I’m booked at Donington 11 august. Just arrived home after months away, cba to drive all that way!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ok, I'll not book a day there....
    Thanks for the advice.

Cornwall is rather nice at the moment, roads are nice, quiet with not many midlanders
    Oh mate, I'd love that...Sounds like a great plan. Now we will have to make a bit of a plan....Reckon August might be good...Can swing it as its me Birthday....Thanks for the offer tho...I'd love that. Split the fuel and off we go....

• Like Like x 2
  15. Castle Doom is notoriously strict on noise. They also run the day to pretty crappy schedule, 12 riders and 10 min sessions, IIRC. I've had few 'nice days out' there, but wouldn't go back. It's a shame it's so crap, as it's just up the road.

16. Are they still doing the first two laps under yellow flags Nelson? As a lot of people have already mentioned, there is no allowance made for any noise violation. 10 minute sessions just aint worth it. But the cafe is good.

17. They might be. I haven't been in a loooooooooooong time.
    When I did last go, there were a lot of riders in the same predicament as the OP. Nearest track, long way up and an overnight stay.

18. I'm also down in Cornwall with a Pani 1199s so I know your pain about planning track days. Riding to Silverstone or Donny then riding the 300+ miles back would be a stretch. Pembrey and LLandow are a good shout as both easy-going on noise and closest to west Cornwall after CC. I think Pembrey had a few 'back to back' dates so you'll get two days on track before the slop back down Kernow.

Most of what the guys said is true about CC, but I've done one track-day there and still had an enjoyable day. It's on the cheaper end too if I recall... I paid £105.00.

19. Cornwall should make a race track they would make a fortune!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Why don't we plan a weekend up in Wales?
    Have a look at the dates and all ride up.
    It's a bloody nice ride all the way up the coast to near enough the bridge.

Hopefully around end or July or August sometime?
    Be awesome.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information