1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casual Boots Any Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by RC1, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Am looking into getting a pair from the likes of either furygan, dainese, sidi or tcx
    i bought some used sidi vortice boots some years back and the quality is really good and i have furygan leathers and again good quality but no idea about their footwear and where it is made etc
    however, i have no idea about who makes decent casual boots with a flat(ish) sole so hoping to get some views from those that own any from the above brands

2. I purchased a pair of the TCX Dartwood boots from Motolegends a couple of months ago. Better than the TCX Street Ace Air that I got a few years back. The Dartwood has better protection but warmer as it's waterproof. The Street Ace's I wore on a tour to Austria and they stood up to that OK. Great for when you're going to be spending time off the bike and the weather is warm.

The Dartwood has D30 armour and a neat lace retainer that the Street Ace lacked. Lived in fear of getting the laces tangled in footrest or gear lever or brake pedal, never happened as I tucked them into the boot but that could be uncomfortable.

Obviously not going to offer the same level of protection as a full boot as shins are exposed, if you can live with that (sounds like you can) then worth a look.

#2 Bumpkin, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
  3. Thread moved

4. excellent thanks for the intel

5. I’ve got a pair of short Furygan boots, very comfortable to walk around in but not so great on the bike I find. I tend to ride with my toes or balls of my feet on the pegs and the soles of the boots are way too soft so after 30 mins or so I’m left with sore feet. They could almost do with a stiff insole being put in

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. I wear Helstons City boots. V good fit, CE approved and they look like normal boots.

7. And i was about to order a pair from sportsbikeshop

8. I've got some Falco short boots, quite good with plenty of protection.

9. I ended up buying some Dainese Axial D1 “In Boots” partly to replace my Sidi boots but also to wear under jeans. Not the cheapest option by a long way but they are super comfortable and offer good protection still

10. Have been checking out the TCX X-Blend myself but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
    They seem to be reasonable value though.

11. I bought the X-Blend a few months back when Sportsbikeshop were having a sale (price seems to have crept up a fair bit now) and I'm very pleased with them. I can't comment on the waterproof capabilities yet. The soles are firm and grippy but fine for walking around and are not so "rugged" that they pick up masses of mud when off the bike. They also feel strong and supportive and still very much a motorcycle boot when considering protection.

The videos at the Motolegends site are very helpful and if it were closer to me than Sportsbikeshop I would probably have gone there as I understand that their service is excellent.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ive seen a new pair on fleabay for 160. Are they clunky to walk around in?

13. Ive got the Falco Aviator boots, incredibly comfortable, quick and easy to put on with the side zip. Have you considered the Daytona Classic ?

I had some TCX boots, can’t remember the model but they were so big and ‘clumpy’ I couldn’t get my foot under the gear lever.

14. i don’t think so, most comfortable boots I’ve ever worn tbh

15. i was wrong actually the model is dyno pro d1 which is inferior to the axial

16. I’ve had my TCX street Ace boots for years now. Actually also wear them when not on the bike as they are so comfortable and smart enough to wear out in town for drinks etc.

• Like Like x 1
  17. The TCX rush are superior to the Furygan zephyr in every respect

IMG_20210712_1411032.jpg

IMG_20210712_1411121.jpg

IMG_20210712_1411215.jpg

IMG_20210712_1411295.jpg

IMG_20210712_1411388.jpg

18. i have narrow feet with a flattish arch and the tcx have a narrower last with narrow heel cup and toe box which suits me better than the wider lasted furygan boot

the tcx also feel and look much better built

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information