1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Cat Bypass Questions For Enduro

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John W, May 11, 2019.

1. Hi all,
    I want to replace the cat on my new endure, but don't want to spend the £2k that a termi costs :dizzy:

I saw a post a while ago where someone had an Arrow (I think) bypass pie and an Akra twin stubby slip-on.
    How loud is this setup ?
    Will the Arrow bypass pipe work with the original silencer, or is the output pipe a different location / diameter ?

I recall mention of Delkevic. Any experiences of these ?
    Will their decat pipe fit the OE silencer ?
    Is the Delkevic silencer still tucked up out of the way ? (I want to trail the bike so this is important to me)
    They claim their pipe is only 2db louder at ~4k5 revs (I think), but what is it like at higher revs ?

Thanks all.:)

2. Isn't 2db twice as loud ?

3. no, 3db is twice as loud (its a logarithmic scale).
    I have looked at the Arrow site and they claim the same +2db @ 4K75rpm
    My ears arent good enough to detect whether my exhaust is 100db or 102db, I just know if its 'ok', 'bearable' or 'F LOUD', and I don't know what the latter equates to :blush:

I found the posts I was looking for:
    https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/check-your-mufflers-gentlemen.67466/#post-1285508
    @mwhite5471 has the dual akra slip-on mated to arrow cat-bypass
    I reeeeeaaaallly like this :cool::cool::cool::cool:

https://www.ducatiforum.co.uk/threads/difference-enduro-and-dvt.68141/#post-1346882
    @laava has the Delkevic
    The price for link pipe and can combined is half of just the arrow link pipe alone, so its very tempting.
    What length silencer did you go for @laava , and got any pics please:yum

4. It's my bike.

NOISE:
    It's as loud as the Termi race system as both are basically straight thru pipe systems, there are no baffle options for the Akra.

That said the main noise problem will be starting the bike from cold, this is when its the most loud, if you have close neighbors and get up early to ride it might be a problem, sounds like a GP bike when on cold idle :)

I use wired ear buds when i ride as i prefer to listen to music, this means all i hear is a deep rumble, so the 'on the go' noise is never a problem for me and sounds fantastic at WOT.

ARROW:
    The Arrow is a direct swap for the factory CAT, everything is the same size and lines up out the box. Takes about 2 hours to install. It will remove 90% of the foot heat that the CAT generates, so much nicer.

Worth noting as in the thread my OEM muffler crapped out after 18 months (~25,000 miles) of using the ARROW, it may not be designed to handle the full flow the ARROW provides.

AKRA:
    Deeper tone than the OEM muffler, VERY NICE!!!

The supplied bracket was the wrong angle, basically the bottom can would touch the swing arm on big whoops, i bent bracket and twisted cans anti-clockwise to about 11 o'clock, also increased the shock pre-load F&R, everything is prefect now.

No fuel remap is required with either, had it dyno'ed and the AFR is within spec, that said if you were to tune it it might yield some more ponies.

5. Thanks for your reply, that just what I wanted to hear.
    I do recall your OE end can failed and think your probably right. I plan to change the end can, just not straight away.

I always ride with ear plugs too. My other multi has QD end cans wich are similar sound level to terms, so sounds like yours will be acceptibly loud too.
    Time to go spend some money :upyeah::cool:

6. Just thought I would post back to this thread, for others who may find it in future.

I've fitted the arrow decat. Mine wasn't a straight swap, I had to tweak it a bit to line up properly.
    There is no doubt though that it has transformed the throttle response and pick up. It was quite fluffy around 4k to 5k previously, whereas now it is positive, instant.

With the standard can it sounds awesome, but pretty loud.
    In comparison to the QD cans and cat bypas on my 2012 bike, this is definitely louder.
    I'm not sure if it's too loud to live with at the moment, jury is out and need to live with it for a bit.
    I am finding myself short shifting in built up areas to keep the noise down a bit, but then blasting it when in the countryside (so much so that I've gotten to a few bends a bit quicker than intended :blush:)

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's worth noting that the OEM can isn't a silencer. Silencing in the OEM system is taken care of in the CAT. If you put in the Arrow mid-pipe, you'll basically end up with a straight-through exhaust. I have the full Arrow system and it's significantly louder than OEM.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information