1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cat D Value

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Nostromo, Apr 19, 2019.

1. I'm very tempted to sell my fireblade and buy a run down monster for my next project, and to free up some money to replenish the savings account.
    Sadly I was knocked off it in a slow collision, I bought the bike back and added new fairings fork seals etc,
    Generally how much do I need to deduct from a cat d?
    downloadfile-1.jpg

2. all of it... I have a 620 monster not cat d'd that id reluctantly swap for the blade

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 20 to 30% at a guess :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. May drop you a pm if I sell.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I d still be making money at 30% but then I'm in the territory of having good reason to keep it, its a good bike and make an awesome track weapon.

6. keep it and track it dude!!! if its mechanically sound, youd be mad not to.. unless track days aint your thing or no time for it...

7. I want to get back on track but time and money are a factor atm(new baby on the way in August) and I'm already dreading finishing the 749, I go abit stir crazy if I don't have a project, I'm toying with stripping the 749 motor to paint rebuild but I want to ride it this summer.
    And I'm been drooling over the Paulo tex kit for awhile now 7b66898b711b924922f0b296bfb696b7.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  8. Slightly off topic food in Perpignan is amazing
    IMG_20190419_130343_125.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. Dyed maggots, pigs foreskins and dolphin testicles, yummmm

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Just overcooked :thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Just chucked up. :poop:

12. I have for many years done Motorcycles, over 150 & cars , motorhomes etc. Cat C & D also now known as Cat N (None structural) & S (Structural) I always aimed at 25% reduction. The best way I find is ebay. Find the cheapest with similar miles & make it cheaper. Never kept stock for more than a few days before selling. depending of course how much I managed to buy for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just under 4k then, if I can get a cheap monster I may put it up.

14. The thing is some people do not mind. But you hear others that would not go near them. As long as the reapairs were good then should be worth strong money. What is that model year , mileage doing on ebay.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 2009 17k miles, prices are sporadic all around or above 5k, mine was mostly cosmetic fairings, engine cases etc, I've changed everything bar the cases levers and bar ends. Frame etc were undamaged. Fork on the side of the impact started leaking but had that sorted after the evaluation.

16. I like them blades

17. that is a sexy thing for sure...

• Like Like x 1
  18. I’d be buying the blade at a tad under 4K, cat d or non structural is nothing, my old 848 was cat d, my tt is cat d both faultless, cat c is generally worse but depends on who categories it, some cat c stuff should be cat d it’s ridiculous, no wonder we all get shafted on insurance with the way it all operates and the rip offs that occur.....I would be all over that blade, much more sensible bike for me than my 1198, especially considering I might drop it....p/x mint 1198? No I know :)

19. I did an HPI check on a car which came back as Cat D. The advice was it was worth 30% less.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information