1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ceiling Plaster Wanted

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Dirty Leeds, May 27, 2020.

1. anybody got a few bags tucked away? Need some plastering doing but struggling for materials
    I’m based in Leeds if anyone has any probably around two weeks time or before can collect anytime maybe 4 -5 bags I’ll need to check, apparantly it’s as difficult as toilet roll finding a few weeks back

#1 Dirty Leeds, May 27, 2020
    Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. You are not alone in Leeds. A few weeks back a joker in Watford was selling bags of finish at £25 a go.

Our bread maker decided it needed spares a few weeks ago, like rocking horse shit.... went to buy a new one... ebay are selling at double manufacturers list price! And none on Amazon.

3. Check with your local B&Q and see if you can pre order. Our local had a big delivery last week but most of it was accounted for by regulars.

4. Don’t risk using old plaster, it’s work time won’t be consistent or reliable
    I’d wait for a fresh batch to arrive in at the merchants.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. No plaster about mate. Strange but true...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Was talking £40 a bag somewhere from like a fiver but reckon things will improve soon enough

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ok fella

8. I know it’s mad

9. Watford / North London wholesalers are now open, as is Selco....
    Tried click and collect or even a delivery?

10. No plasterers came and quoted and happy with that but getting material an issue, taking a wall out Saturday and possibly a fire place then ready for skim ceiling etc

11. You know Selco sell Plaster?
    https://www.selcobw.com/

Branch Details

Selco Leeds Elland RoadElland Road Industrial Park
    Elland Way
    Leeds
    Yorkshire
    LS11 0EY
    Tel: 0113 276 3360

Email: [email protected]

Manager: Chris Lowry

Deputy: Helen Stott

12. Cheers I literally just getting myself together after last night and might be collecting another quad in Wolverhampton just waiting to hear I’ll ring selco :upyeah:

13. So selco have non in the country indeed some branches have minus stock, one London branch has -600 bags but apparently British gypsum is back up to 80 ish% productivity although priority customers are just that

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. I’m having the same problem buying eggs. 7 weeks now :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I can get you eggs no problem or we certainly can ....or is this a problem connected to your own chicken?

If your chicken is playing up Leeds Asda, co op etc alll have eggs

16. I’m in Felbridge, West Sussex.
    Local Sainsbury has no eggs/flour by the time I get there.
    Was tempted to buy some chickens but they’ve gone the same way as bags of plaster!
    £150 each i was quoted!

17. I'd cry "Foul" on that..

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Flipping eck but to be honest if someone told me a chicken was £150 anytime I’d believe them although though I am a bit gullible and not brightest

Right I’m off to Wolverhampton for a quad then Thornton clevelys nearr Blackpool love these organised trips with an early start

19. Try Tesco

20. The Chicken Children would pay that for a bucket of bits of them at Morley's, down here.

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information