1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Centre Stand/lift

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Carr01, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Does anyone know if there’s a centre stand jobbie available for a ‘97 900ss
    I’d like to remove the front wheel and could do with getting the weight off the front end.

2. I'm not comfortable with this style lift but maybe the way forward for attacking all jobs on the motorccyle.
    cstands-power-096-2.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeah looks a bit dodgy.
    What’s it secured to?

4. It's like the Abba stands with two pins attached into the lower tubed frame each side.

5. Make one.....

Front2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  6. I was hoping someone would chime in with more accurate details - I remember seeing an early Monster with a centre stand at Boxhill within the last 10 years and someone mentioned that there was a factory option but I don't remember SS being mentioned, maybe because fairings would get in the way. Apart from the fairing clearance I would think that an ST2 or 1000DS centre stand could be adapted.

• Like Like x 1

7. I think only the ABBA stands are both sides secured, these lever type are only 1 side attached?

• Like Like x 1
  8. I think that's the correct answer looking at different photographs.:upyeah:

9. I use an Abba stand, there's an extra attachment for raising the front, it raises the rear by default

• Like Like x 1
  10. This: https://abbastands.co.uk/product-detail.asp?item=front-lift-arm&pid=42

I've used it on my 1198S, works fine. Just make sure the bike is in the right position in your garage before you remove the front wheel. Guess how I know that...

• Like Like x 1
  11. F59FC044-6C38-4191-B860-11CD7DD197FC.jpeg
    Sorted!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Looking good, how well does it work?

13. A very good question answered by @portboy

I was baffling me as to why you needed the socket on the end of the lever, the answer is you don’t, the square end slots in to the up right arm of the stand and is levered in to position.
    Of at least that’s the theory as I haven’t tried it yet.
    It’ll hopefully enable me to lift the front wheel so it can be removed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm intrigued how that meccano thing's going to work and the most important question is will the missus let you keep it on that wooden flooring.:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Teak darling, it’s teak.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. A very snobbish attitude on the wood front blossom.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Damn straight.

18. Has anyone actually used any of the stands from Becker-Technik (not the SS-specific one)? They look quite good, wondered how they compared with an ABBA stand.

19. I’ll let you know.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information