1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Centre Stand Rubber Stop

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Vtwin4fun, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Hi all, just looking for the part number for the rubber bung/grommet that sits on the exhaust side for the centre stand. The one on the centre stand is still there but I guess the other one has fallen off.
    I've had a look through the parts fiche but can't find it there.
    Thanks in advance.

2. There isn't one. Ducati changed the location of the rubber from the cat to the centerstand

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. Bugger, that's a shame as it seems to be catching on the exhaust cover just a bit and sounds bloody awful when taking the bike off the centre stand. Might have to improvise something.

4. Possibly buying another one and mounting it in the cat so the two bump together and keep it away from the exhaust shield. It's a terrible set up, smashing into the cat and muffler shield, it's going to crack something for sure. I have a 74 Norton rubber head mount with one side cut off bolted into the cat so two rubber pads bump together. A but still smashes. I try and get my heel on the foot pad before the stand feet leave the ground to ease it up quietly. Worst design ever

5. Cheers, I'll see what I can come up with.

6. I use a rubber door stopper backed up with washers. Works well. And lowers centre up position a little

• Like Like x 2
  7. Which means I don't catch heel when riding on toes. Hasn't grounded yet.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I went through about 3 on my first twinspark GT in about 40,000 miles and gave up as they all distort and melt away...gmoss idea of the door stop is a feasible work around i have seen suggested before ... i like the side effect my heels wont catch the stand so might apply it to the 2nd twinspark

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information