1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

959 Ceramic Coated Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by comesunt, Aug 17, 2018.

?
  1. Put shield back on. Meh... light subframe has no forward mounting lug

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Wrap exhaust. Might end up looking shite...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Leave naked. Might get very hot; including electrics under the seat / on subframe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Get it Ceramic Coated. Look nice, reduces heat. will cost a few bob...

7 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. I need to make my mind up soon about what I'm going to do with my 959 exhaust.
    1. Put the heat shield back on [light weight sub frame doesn't have front mounting point = not good]
    2. Wrap the exhaust
    3. Leave it naked. [aka - do nothing...]
    4. Get the pipes ceramic coated.
    I'n thinking more of getting them coated. If I wrap them they might look shite after a few sessions. I think doing nothing is lazy...

Anyone had experience getting them coated? Feedback? Thoughts? Expected cost? Time?

Cheers,

Bob

2. I’m actually going to “porcelain enamel” coat it And then wrap it.

3. Why that's? Why do both?
    Any downside?

4. Zircotec is the company ducati use for its bikes exhaust coating in the uk. The black diavel edition for certain' ..the company does many colours. Browse my images for an example of their ceramic coating work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    An example of their colour range..
    [​IMG]

#4 GunZenBomZ, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  5. has anyone had their exhaust ceramic coated....can they tell me how much ceramic i need?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Gun Z,

Spot on.
    Just emailed them for a quote. Many thanks.

AndyB,

I've just downloaded some ceramic [see attached] so no issues there. Many thanks.

Bob

7. I don’t think it’s necessary to do both, but I’m thinking it will probably be more effective. Living in an extremely hot climate, If I can mitigate some heat from the exhaust, that would be awesome!

8. Found a company a few miles from where I live that do ceramic coatings. Going to pay them a visit tomorrow
    [taccoatings.co.uk]

9. +1 for Zircotec. Had my Hyper Termi full system done. What I will say in respect to another members comments on exhaust wrap is that you MAY experience clearance issues on some models.

10. Camcoat did my 1198 70mm pipes. Cost £90. Was spot on. Still warm mind.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. Fitted the pipes last night. Got them ceramic coated by tactical coatings who are just outside Hereford. Both pipes from the cylinder heads down to the small Y pipe before the mufflers for £150.

Seems to work to lower the temp.
    Started the bike up and let it tick over until the fan kicked in at 103.
    Throughout this time I could hold my hand about 10mm from the pipes without it feeling too hot; didn't have to move my hand away.
    Now I must admit; I've never tried to do that with standard pipes, but I doubt it...

Bob

Do Not Sell My Personal Information