1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Chain Adjustment ( With Pic )

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Steve m, May 29, 2016.

1. Morning all
    Is this how to check chain adjustment on the Dvt ? Micrometer set at 40mm, measuring from the underside of the swingarm to the centre of the chain
    On my twin spark multi there was a little metal chain tension gizmo in the toolkit that made it simple
    Cheers
    [​IMG]

2. think it needs to be in urban, on the side stand, then measured as per the sticker on the swingarm. Its the amount of travel, not how far it hangs down

3. You wouldn't get no where near 40mm of travel out of the chain, the chain would knock against the swingarm
    I've read the sticker on the swingarm, from what I can see on the sticker, I'm correct, just wanted to check with you guys
    It's on the side stand by the way

4. ;)

#4 Hyperextended, May 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2016
  5. I checked mine but I thought the instruction was vague and wasn't sure of the exact reference point on the swinging arm ?

6. ;)

#6 Hyperextended, May 29, 2016
  7. Did we not get the chain measure device with the DVT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. I got one in the tool kit

9. ;)

#9 Hyperextended, May 29, 2016
  10. My precious image.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. ;)

#11 Hyperextended, May 29, 2016
  12. After 2 dvt's neither had this item in the tool kit.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Nor has mine and was told they dont bother any more

What ever happened to just lifting the chian with your finger for an inch?!

14. Oh and just to be pedantic that original picture contained a vernier calliper not a micrometer.

But helpful though.

15. ;);););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););):yum...;););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););););)

16. Am I correct in thinking that if I adjust my chain with the rear on a paddock stand, it has the same effect as being on the side stand, due to the suspension being loaded in the same way, as opposed to on the centre stand where it is not?

17. It needs to be on the side stand.

18. I like that your retort has ......some character changes, suggest a lot of thought and not that your keyboard just got stuck :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. I agree it’s said to be on the side stand but for the life of me I can’t see the difference being on a rear paddock stand, same principal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. If you look on youtube there is a main dealer doing the chain tension. With a paddock stand.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information