1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain And Sprocket Colour Combos....

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Adamwhittuk, Apr 30, 2016.

1. Just looking at chain and sprockets and can't decide what looks best...

i have black wheels..... was thinking gold sprocket and "steel" colour chain? or gold sprocket and gold chain? or black sprocket and gold chain?????

any pics to help me make a decision would be appreciated :thumbsup:

2. image.jpeg

This combo worked for me

• Like Like x 3
  3. Puce is nice..

4. I favour taupe

5. Ecru...it goes with everything and is currently making a comeback on the catwalks.

6. Is that standard chain size or 520 etc?

7. All standard, direct replacement set I think.

8. Bringing this thread back up as buying chain and sprockets again but this time I have gold wheels.... what looks best guys...?

9. Had mine changed when I had the standard anthracite colored wheels on the 1198. Wheels now gold and don't think i'll change the colour combination when it comes to new chain and sprockets next time... Photos below (apologies that the closer up photo isn't the best quality) :upyeah:

upload_2017-4-27_7-3-45.png

upload_2017-4-27_6-59-49.png

A couple of Mrs M's monster with Gold wheels for you also. Intend to upgrade these to the same as the 1198's Renthal set...

upload_2017-4-27_7-6-11.png

upload_2017-4-27_7-11-22.png

Hope this helps :)

10. Hi Adam. I've got black wheels and gold sprocket and chain. Go for opposite colours as if they are different shades you'll never be happy with the match. Check out other machines first before you commit to buy. I do think gold chains look better personally try a black sprocket with gold nuts and chain.

11. Black or that renthal colour and gold chain. Always gold chain. Or red. Everyone loves a red chain ;)

12. I prefer gold chain and plain sprocket. I find gold chains easiest to clean, so basically it's all about laziness! I've never seen a coloured chain and thought it looked an improvement.......but I guess I'm old fashioned.

13. Cheers for the input everyone. Thinking gold chain with a black Sprocket up to now!

14. Aluminium sprocket with slightly rusty chain for all my bikes :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. You must still be on the standard ducati items :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Black & Gold dude!!

DSC_6038.JPG

17. Just put this on....i didnt actually notice the colour of the sprocket when i first ordered it but i like it!
    I think they match the ohlins well. 20170513_125048.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information