1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1299 Chain Rubbing Swingarm

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rjkc600, May 11, 2017.

1. Guys

Just noticed my chain is rubbing the swingarm behind the gear lever hanger, so pretty close to the front sprocket.

Bike has 870 miles on clock, looks like its been rubbing for a while.

Anyone else had this on a 1299?

Booked it with dealer for inspection regardless, but with 4 track days up and coming id like to offer as much help as possible with the causes as they haven't seen it before.

2. The SA or the cover? Loose chain maybe?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yes, it's happened on my 1299.
    Reported to dealer, pics taken & reported to Ducati a couple of months ago......still no response!!

4. Have you checked the chain adjustment, it may have been slack from new

5. Yes, chain cleaned and checked every week.

6. Ride height??

7. Ride height is as supplied standard.

8. image.jpeg Are we talking side of chain or top/bottom?

9. Yep, that's the spot.

10. Wow. It's as if the wheel is out of alignment or a spacer is missing in the swingarm?!

11. not much point in commenting generally on here anymore but this is the bugbear of many bike manufacturers although most wouldn't care to admit it. I hope a new 'chain guide' assy is available as a mod soon with csk/low head fixings. There is adjustment for swingarm apparently but it's never that straightforward and particularly on SSSA types.

12. I've seen a bunch of posts with this. Never had a problem myself.

13. Have you changed the front sprocket? I know on the renthal fronts they have to be a certain way around

14. No chap. Haven't changed the front sprocket. Did have a new chain..525 DiD gold.

15. did you have 525 set up before?

16. Yes, same size replacement for OEM size on the 1299S.
    I responded to a previous thread re this issue. Bike was 10 months old then. I must chase this up as I see another complainant had fixed under warranty.

17. Not same problem as you but I put the heavy duty DID gold chain on my streetfighter and had to put 1mm washers behind the slave cylinder because it was near touching it(hardly get a hair between it before fitting washers), Miner problem compared to that though

18. Thought to would be a 530 as the Multi is?

19. Mine is only 870 miles in. Chain checked frequently. I'm put some permanent ink over the affected area and given the bike a 30 mile ride with some hard riding and it hasn't rubbed.

Not sure when it does it, maybe it's from all those rolling burnouts I've been dreaming about doing.

Hopefully Ducati will sort it, if not then an R1M will be in sight instead, im growing tired of issues with the 1299 (2nd one) and there's only so long the 'love' can stay alive.

20. I checked mine also has been rubbing i have a totally stock chain and sprockets. Bit disappointing i haven't ridden it since i had it serviced two weeks ago. Back to the dealer again then.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information