1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chain Tools

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Girvan, May 13, 2020.

1. I've just discovered the the "C" spanner and chain tension gauge is missing from the enduro that I recently bought anyone an idea where I can buy new ones.as my local dealership is closed

2. I believe one can buy the C spanners on eBay.
    Some are better than others however I cannot recommend any as I have a Ducati one from my 96 748 which fits my 1098 and Monster.
    I have no idea about the tension gauge, I use a rule or a block of wood with a mark on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I got my C spanner from iconic parts (google it) the guy Jamie makes some great stuff much better than the original as well.

4. Yes I've just checked them out he's got some good gear there.

5. You don't need a C spanner for an Enduro. And I don't think they came with the tension tool (mine didn't anyway). You do need a big 'ol socket for the axle nut though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Edward is correct neither tool came with mine in 2016. And at the time I did query it with the lads at the dealership because of the other multistrada versions I was/had looked to buy.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hello can I help?

8. Understand, I thought they were part of the tool kit. Is the chain adjustment the same as the multistrada then!

9. Jamie I've just purchased a multistrada chain kit from you "iconic" that'll do the job that I need for my. enduro.

• Crap Crap x 1
  10. The enduro has a double side swing arm. You won’t need the spanner

11. OK, can you do anything with the order that I placed earlier today seen I won't need the spanner.

12. A block of wood cut to size is even better:)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I’ll take a look tomorrow morning mate

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. Cheers here is the ref no R342494465 appreciate that.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Same as any normal bike with a proper two sided swingarm!

16. I've just caught on to that

• Like Like x 1
  17. One of the reasons I bought my Enduro. Read the horror stories about trying to turn the single sided swing arm MS eccentric hub or worse, remove a MS rear wheel. The BMW car approach using 5 small bolts instead of one massive one is far superior.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Rear wheel nut enduro 186Nm
    Single swing arm 230Nm (stories of 18stone lads bouncing on bars to free nut)

Ducati don't seem to like using anti-seize lubricants

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Just got an email from iconic posting the chain tension kit. I send an email to the office also to see if they could change the order did you get a chance to look at it Jamie!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information