1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 S Change Of Tyres And Exhaust

Discussion in 'Monster' started by mrH, Sep 22, 2017.

1. Well after 2 years of my 1200S Stripe, all of which has been great, a change to
    Metzeler Sportec M7 RR from Pirelli Rosso 111s.
    Great move. They feel great, better that the R111s in my opinion. The bike seems more planted and have fab confidence in them already.

In addition, i have taken the plunge and have bought some Termignoni end cans. Being fitted next Thurdsday.

Good move? Hope so! Guess the sound will be better. Youtube doesn't do them justice u guess?

DB killers in or out is the next decision..... I like my neighbours :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. DB in if you have a decat too :upyeah:

#2 bradders, Sep 22, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Duck Bird? Decaf? I'm confused.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. A catalytic converter is an exhaust emission control device that converts toxic gases and pollutants in exhaust gas from an internal combustion engine to less ..

Cat vs de-cat
    [​IMG]
    Which then also got the Zircotec ceramic treatment for if it ever goes back on the bike..
    [​IMG]

5. Decaf - I'll have one whilst I'm waiting for them to be fitted :laughing:

I think the cat will go with the end cans and pipe. Not the full system.

Wally, its taken couple of years!
    Think i will put the original back on when i sell it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Corrected ;)

If you are not having the system, likely you will have the cat in place as they sell either end can or system afaik for termi

It’s vry loud without the cat, that’s where all the baffling is on the standard system :upyeah:

7. I guess they are a bit lighter than the originals too?
    No research done as you can tell !

But should sound great, so why research eh?

8. If you dump the cat yes, otherwise probably not much. Deeper sound rather than louder (with baffles!)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Someone described the termis as unlocking the bass. They sound great with the db killers in. You just get more of it without them.

• Like Like x 1
  10. IMG_1097.JPG Wow, what a difference in sound! DB killers removed by the dealer. "oh you wanted them left in?". "If they're out, its a safety feature" ;)

On the ride home, not only did i notice the escalation in the awesome deep sound in the midrange (even with earplugs in), but not as much engine braking as the OEM pipes. I presume because they allow the engine to breath a bit better, but my technical knowledge ends with washing the bike and putting fuel in.

1st impression? Fab :upyeah: Look better too.
    I'm sure the neighbours will be OK??

• Like Like x 1
  11. For some reason I thought this was a multi, Hefner the comments about how loud it is. Baffles out then :upyeah:

12. For some reason I thought this was a multi, Hefner the comments about how loud it is. Baffles out then :upyeah:

13. Definitely a Monster Bradders! :):upyeah:

IMG_1095.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm glad you're enjoying them. :upyeah: I think they sound wonderfully uncivilised. The noise alone from the bike puts a huge grin on my face every time I ride it. Ahh, it's the simple things. :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. Well after a week of having the new Termis, I can say without hesitation, they sound fantastic. The sound as you go up the rev range is incredible; a deep bass sound as you describe Wally.

I out the DB killers in today to see what they sounded like. Much quieter and not what i expected. Not sure they sounded much different to the OEM pipes, maybe slightly deeper. DB killers now removed!

The engine does appear to breath better; the low speed fuelling seems to be much improved. Nowhere near as jumpy or jolty at town speeds or negotiating traffic, not as if the M1200s was bad anyway, but notice the difference.

So yes they do frighten small children and dogs as i ride past, but that aside - they look great, sound fantastic and improve throttle response at low and any revs.
    One happy owner :D

• Like Like x 2
  16. Oh no! You've talked me into taking the db killers out again. My neighbors will hate me and it's all your fault. :compleyelyfakeremorseemoji:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Well, all my saintly talk of being a good neighbour because I keep the dB killers in is only a half-truth. Today I decided to whip out the dB killers to see if it is as loud as I remember. I noticed the retaining bolt for the top one wasn't very tight and made a mental note to give them a tweak every now and again. When I went to undo the bottom one neither the bolt or baffle were there at all. The bolt must have vibrated loose and the baffle has been blown out the back at some point. :astonished: Anyhoo, I figured the neighbours probably half hate me already and I'm not one for half measures so, fuggit, they're both out now. I went out for a blast and it sounds glorious but I guess I'll need to buy one for when the bike is due an MOT.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wally, that's hilarious!

The neighbours wont realise
    Sound great with them out. Went out last weekend and a chum following me said he couldn't even hear his 848 with termis over mine!

No noise test for MOT I think.

19. I priced a replacement dB killer and it’s £75 (not including the Allen bolt). :astonished: We’re talking a short piece of tubing with a taper in it ffs. Ducati certainly know how to make money - from mugs like me. I’m guessing about £10 for the part and £65 for the Genuine Ducati Parts packaging.

• Like Like x 1
  20. The termis are defo the way to go. The old endcans have the cat inbuilt so you automatically decat it when you fit the termis. Did you get the free remap stick and did your dealer remap it for you. If they did, Racing appears on your dash for a second on power up. I like the way it pops when changing gear above 5000 revs and burbles on overrun.I have the db killers in and it still sounds louder and more bassy than original.

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information