1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Changed, Again!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by madasadad, May 24, 2018.

1. So i bought my Red Aug 2016 1200s Touring D'air back in Feb18 it had 3500 miles on it and ive now 6300 ish and its been brilliant! Called into my dealer the other day and for £15 a month more ive been offered a brand new White unregistered 2017 1200s that is £13995 otr saving approx £2.7k over list price. After 36 months GFV of the 2016 is 6k, and gfv of the 2018 is 8k. Im thinking its a good deal but sometimes get a bit discombobulated with figures, considering an additional years warranty through warranty direct is almost £500 that would bring the d'air to a 2 year warranty to match the new bike. Any thoughts?
    ZXEHh9FxQ2CLlpDYvFh0fQ.jpg

2. First thought - is the new white bike a basic DVT? If so you'd lose the Skyhook suspension which I think is one of the things that makes the Multi great.
    I know what you mean with wanting a warranty, but I think Warranty Direct is not good value. I've decided to go without WD cover on my 2015 DVT. A small risk as really these bikes are now very reliable. There may be a few gremlins, like the fuel sender, but it would take a big problem to get your WD money back.

3. No its a 1200S with the skyhook, its missing heated grips and a centre stand. The panniers i could manage without since ive a 58l top box that'll fit straight on

4. Go te extra for the 1260s you won’t be disappointed.....it’s only money anyhow :)

5. Yes. You sound like a wimmin shopping:D

"Hi baby I saved £75 on clothes today", so you ask but know the answer already, "I spent £750 on clothes and shoes today and with the discount I saved £75, isn't it great? :D"

Then bloke logic kicks in " darlin, you saved feck all. All you did was spend £750 we didn't have"

She replies, "how's the new bike search going?"

Then wimmin logic kicks in "Well" you reply " for an extra £15 a month I can get a nearly free bike for £13,995, how cool is that?:D"

Just joking chap, if it makes you happy, why not

#5 noobie, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information