1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed The Bike.....again!

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Sambighair, Feb 26, 2019.

1. So a few years ago I got myself a scrambler icon,
    20160830_203550.jpg
    a cracking little bike, enjoyed it then pxd it after 3 years for a monster 821, another nice bike which I chose after loving a 96 monster m600 many years ago. For some reason I just didn't bond with it and after a couple of 3/4 day tours on it I decided it wasn't for me, live n learn eh?
    20180607_202108.jpg

So over last few months I've been having a good think about which bike to px the monster in against, now when the monster went in for a service I was given a multistrada as a courtesy bike, I was super impressed which how it rode and that swayed my decision somewhat, so on Saturday I picked this beast up....
    20190225_192108.jpg

I've managed to put 200 miles on it on the weekend and am smitten! It's a beast, comfy and fully loaded with tech, I really can't wait to put some decent mileage on it!!!

• Like Like x 22
  2. Nice one Sam :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Amazing looking bike, i love that colour.

Although I love all the colours, this could get expensive.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lovely bike and the best colour! So what's in the fleet now? It looks like you waved bye bye to the 749? I also just got a Multi (red one though), blooming ace eh? :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. The fleet have been thinned, just the 851, 1198s and the Multi now and very happy with my garage! The multi is awesome I'm so impressed with it! Which model did you get?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Lovely stuff. I got a DVT but a base model as that was the deal available to me... sounds like the perfect garage you have there now dude! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. I think it is! Best of all worlds really. I picked up the s model with touring pack, I'm thankful for this great weather too, means I've been able to get some half decent runs out on it!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Great bike and a great colour scheme too.
    Hope you have many a happy mile.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. nice, big boys toy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Very civilised:upyeah:,i might be going this way in a few years time from now but not just yet,Happy mile munching:)

11. There's nowt civilised about it, it's rapid!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hi Sam,
    Nice switcheroo you have going in there. Tell me, did you get fleeced upgrading the M821? If not how did you manage a fair price for a nearly new bike? I ask as my yellow M821 while a great bike isn’t the Xdiavel my heart wants. I’ll be interested in the upgrade challenge. Basically, any tips on getting more than what they’ll offer? I’ve made only 5 payments (circa £800) and they devalued it by over £2000.

13. Unfortunately there's always going to be a bit of a hit on a new bike as they depreciate as soon as you wheel them out of the showroom. That being said I got a settlement figure for mine which I was happy with and coupled with the trade in of a 749 for an amount I was also very happy with after I pressed for an extra 500 ( and recieved) I didn't do bad.
    I think I caught them at a good time as they have Multistradas everywhere and wanted to shift a few, the one I got had just been discounted by a fair chunk! Also I've been a repeat customer on numerous occasions and always leave feeling looked after!
    Remember there are loads of the model you want out there so if you aren't happy with the deal let your feet do the talking!
    Otherwise be cheeky, the worst that can happen is they say no

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information