1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Changing/flushing The Water Coolant

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Pidge1969, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Hello I am in the process of doing what I can of my 12k 748 service. Going to flush the coolant this week and wondered if any of you have any good brand suggestions for:

1. The actual coolant
    2. The flushing solution

Any help advice gratefully received!

Pidge1969

2. Buying antifreeze these days is a complex affair, lots of choices, but you need an OAT coolant, halfords do one either concentrate which you dilute with distilled water, or premixed
    Flush with your hose pipe unless the drained stuff looks rusty. If so holts do a one shot version as well as a two pack which is more potent, but won't be needed unless some cowboy has run it without antifreeze in the past
    Don't listen to people who recommend a/f by colour, different makers use different colours and it means little

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ch
    Cheers for the info will get down to Halfords in the morning.

4. Hey

What is the Flushing process?

Where to drain , I need to run a hose through it and some form of flush like Holts suggested above

5. So ... what is it? What are the chemical and physical properties of this substance? How is it any better than any other coolants? The blurb is long on vague waffle and very short on actual facts. Simple rule of thumb: if a seller refuses to give any clue as to what is actually being sold, what you are being asked to buy is pure bullshit.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information