1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Charcoal Can Removal

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Naughtyboy, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Hello everyone, I have 1199s Panigale and was wondering is the charcoal canister removal any Benefit to my bike,thanks naughtyboy

2. Yes... the charcoal canister has long been associated with hard starting issues. Removal of the canister may serve to eliminate any such problems.

3. Thankyou Khmer, I will have a go at that this weekend.would you know what size connections I would need and the size of the pipe required please,

• Like Like x 1
  4. Unfortunately, I can't recall the size of the hoses/plug. The video shown below provides different options which may be employed when performing this modification. It may prove helpful nevertheless. Cut and paste this link in your browser should you have any trouble viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3lhTBs3iU4

5. Hello sir really sorry i never replied,thanks again for youre help regards naughtyboy

• Like Like x 1
  6. Good luck with it.

7. Hi guys,

did you manage to do the removal? any improvment?

8. Hello Clint ,to be honest I didn’t get round to it yet,the only reason being even though it may turn over a couple of times before it starts it’s really not a problem.it was only looking on YouTube that the vids I see where saying it is totally useless.I am going to take it of soon so I will let you if there is any difference,To be honest Clint if it improved the bikes running performance I would have done it already but the bike runs fine.Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful mate ,are you thinking of doing it.

9. Hi, i was thinking about it but i was unsure of the benefits. My bike also starts after a couple of turn overs.

It was more out of interest that i wondered what you had found. I will let you know if i try it in the future.

Cheers

10. Do 1299 have cc as well ?

11. Yes - all of the Panigale series do and assume the rest of the modern bikes.

Edit - correction - Euro Spec 959’s have it - as do US spec bikes for California emissions regs.

As mentioned below it seems Euro Spec 1299 doesn’t - sorry for the false info.

Most stock bikes run perfectly fine with them.

It’s a common mod to reduce weight as part of a track conversion but if you aren’t having starting issues and don’t feel a burning need to mod for the sake of it then I wouldn’t bother.

#11 LiveFast......, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. I thought the cc was on bikes for USA markets. Don’t appear to have cc on my 1299

13. Really? My bad then - Wonder if it’s only the smaller bikes that get them in the EU?

Both my 959’s had them and when I was reading about removing it I saw lots of stuff On the bigger bikes - which I guess must have been US spec.

Thank’s for the correction.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information