1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charlie Hebdo Atrocity

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Kirky, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Every newspaper, in countries proud of freedom of speech, should publish this cartoon on their front page, as a united expression of support. We should not be intimidated into self-censorship.
    Charlie Hebdo.jpg

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
  2. One day soon the politicians will have to stand up to the 'Muslim' problem...

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. This was amongst the general anti Muslim posts on Yahoo this afternoon seemingly aimed at the Muslim religion as a whole, as were many of the posts - it had 213 likes Vs 6 dislikes (to me a surprising percentage) - opinion is changing against Muslims as a whole. It is worth reading some of the posts to get a general view of what is happening and what is being said:

Self moderated to a link:

12 dead in terror attack on Paris paper; manhunt for gunmen - Yahoo News UK

#3 Exige, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  4. If this is done in the name of religion, which clearly it is, I would like to hear widespread criticism from mainstream Muslims condemning this atrocity, but I won't hold my breath.

Muslims are very reluctant to criticise other Muslims.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. A lot of the posts are saying this - they say there are two types, the jihadists and the silent majority who are waiting to take over through breeding, getting in to our governments and having more power. The amount of hatred of the whole Muslim community on most of the posts on Yahoo was surprising to me - not many were singling out the perpetrators alone.

I must add, these are not my views and I have a close Muslim friend, but opinion generally does appear to be changing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Nice of google to keep up with the times with their useless, never clicked on ads.

A religious war is here, its been coming and now it is here. Shame that greed of USA and its allies has been the key driver of the tension, not the desire for Christianity to eradicate Islam, yet those capitalist bastards will still continue to benefit while the small and meak suffer

My deepest sympathies go out to those killed, and their families. Another worthless act carried out by cowards

image.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  7. The answer must surely be to embrace the global Muslim community rather than alienate it, that way extremists will be viewed for what they are, rather than as a sainted crusade leading the way for their globally ostracised brothers

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. for sure,, even the blindest will eventually realise that an Any Cap mentality and a Ghengis Khan attitude will not solve the " problem ".
    while we all sympathise with the loss of family members today in Paris let us remember how many Syrian children lost their parents today,, how many families were torn asunder by car bombs in Iraq today,, etc etc etc...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jihad mongers...Let's not use a wide brush...it only helps their cause.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Where is et when we actually need him!

#10 AirCon, Jan 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2015
  11. yep,, bigotry, hatred , ignorance of the situation and I bigger gun is going to solve the " problem "... some people..:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Does he do Yahoo as well :Wideyed:

13. Deepest sympathy for all those lost and their families, colleagues and friends.
    I hope those cowards responsible are quickly caught and the full weight of the law comes crashing down on them.
    I don't any forum or media outlets to censor itself with regard to freedom of expression or speech.

Muslims should distance themselves from this act as quickly and clearly as possible to prevent further public backlash against them and their religion.
    I fear our society has not learnt the lessons from the wars in the last 100 years.
    I agree that the USA lead actions in the middles east and the Palestinian issue are fueling these divisions.
    It will take generations to sort this, I just hope that we can do it without another world wide war or a lifetime of terrorist actions.

14. Our strength is that we are a liberal, tolerant democracy.

Our weakness is that we are a liberal, tolerant democracy.

Go figure.

• Agree Agree x 5
  15. how many christians have stood up and distanced themselves from the war mongering activities of brittish , American and allied activities in the mid east, or the western stance on Palestine or Jewish atrocities lately..? or ever.

16. I suspect that if our moderate Muslims, welcomed with open arms by our right on liberal lefties, woke up one morning to find themselves living in an Islamic State under Sharia Law that they wouldn't be too upset.

I, on the other hand, would be.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Are they christians or capitalists ?

Do make up your mind.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. My worry is that this is a very organised and well trained group. They clearly wanted to escape.
    Almost definitely to attack another day.

I doubt if they are just planning to returning to a war zone.
    Now they have a taste of media exposurer they are not going to stop now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. And they spoke perfect French.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. So does a fair patch of Africa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information