1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 Chiense, Cheap Farings

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by CarloL, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Want to get some for the track

Anybody any experience of them, Trader to use or avoid

I like the newer faring design with the lower valance, R models have it, bolt on and off, normally carbon or black

Anybody see this type they all appear to be the older design the side panels bolt together at the bottom

Redbull design looks cool but would look a off with a red tank

2. My wife bought some off Ebay for her road bike (rsv4), the abs plastic ones, and they are really good quality and fit.
    I can't fault them for the money

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks priced it up 639 gbp

Chinese stuff is half the price plus abs plastic like oe, pity, I like the 998r farings they do

4. I've purchased several sets from these chaps.
    Really good quality and fiberglass is a much better investment than ABS IMO.

5. Hey Carlo

I did exactly the same as you are looking to do - bought a chinese set for track days. And not regretted it at all. Especially when then there was a 40mph lowside that scuffed the LHS fairing and seat. The other reason I bought the chinese set was to put frame sliders on and I wasn't going to cut through the OEM fairings to do that !

I actually now keep the chinese fairings and crash bungs on all the time. And just swap over the seat unit as required - chinese without lights for track days and OEM with lights for the road. You will need to buy some additional ironmongery for the fairings/seat, assuming you don't want to be swapping all that over each time as well.

I bought it off fleabay but it was too long ago for my history to show where from - sorry - but I bought the yellow Xerox set ( like this - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fairing-...1bf5:g:64EAAOSwumxcf2tr&LH_ItemCondition=1000 ) and it looks like they all come out of the same factory anyway. Just make sure it includes the screen and all the fairing fixing bolts (lower to upper) and screen bolts - mine did.

Just a thought for you - if you are intending to take them off completely when changing from road / track - is it worth looking at the cheaper plain white sets ? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Unpainte...2c6b:g:rAoAAOSw9ZVck1mW&LH_ItemCondition=1000

It just depends whether you see any value in having them pre-painted. BTW - the above links aren't necessarily the same place that I bought from so I can't specifically say they are good or bad. Just that I am happy with the ones I got.

Happy to help with any other input if you want as I appreciated any before I bought mine - but then just took the plunge anyway.

Paul.

6. Thanks Paul, good info

Do Not Sell My Personal Information