1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Childhood Bedroom Wall Posters

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Puddy, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Being a child of the seventies , like many on here I suspect, I remember going in to woolies every Saturday to thumb thru the the huge range of posters that were available .
    Think my first ones were the wombles and Mud possibly even Alvin stardust, lol.
    After they came down , fairly quickly into my teens , I used to like going to motorcycle shops and getting the brochures of the day.
    The ones I particularly remember were the original cb250 / 400n superdream , oh how I lusted , and the beautiful suzuki twin shock ts 185 brochures that took pride of place.
    Also had a 1970 bsa pull out brochure with all of their bikes from my dad .
    Apart from the obvious tennis /arse bird poster and lambo countach , what did you have ?
    Puddy :)
    Ps . The less 'cool' the better ;)

#1 Puddy, Jan 28, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ferrari 308 GTB in yellow - pressie from girlfriend when I was a lad at school :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  3. shity reproductions of the clasics. plastic spives we where.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Sounds like you were "in" lol.
    Mustard mitt , never into cars as a nipper , only cool early seventies pop icons and bikes.
    Puddy :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mine were “Athena”.
    My favourite being:

09048D79-C8F0-4E12-AB01-4A0C5FBA643E.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
  6. And these:

D8852999-79DA-491E-AEF6-AABFCDA9C602.jpeg 729C3CC8-0149-4040-9AD5-6508E3D4B797.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  7. As an FS1E riding oik I had this on my bedroom wall, cut from BIKE magazine ISTR.
    q2tpQoM3.jpg
    Laverda Montjuic

• Like Like x 5
  8. Adam Ant
    I had a pin board as we weren’t allowed to put posters up

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. My brothers were stuck on the wall. We had 3 brothers in almost a box room so with a bed, shelves, bunk bed, wardrobe and a door, there was very little wall to put anything on. Plus mum would have killed us for putting anything on the walls we didn't have.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Sam fox

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mine too!

12. Four horsemen of the apocalypse

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  13. You had a door ?? :astonished::astonished::astonished:..........Luxury :upyeah:

We slept in a cardboard box at the bottom of someone else's garden.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • WTF WTF x 1
  14. You had a cardboard box :astonished: fascist

• Funny Funny x 4
  15. IIRC that picture came from a 4 bike test in Bike magazine from the very early 1980`s The bikes were the Laverda shown, a Moto Guzi V50, A Morini V5 and a Ducati Pantah. This was the article that persuaded to start saving for a Pantah with my goal reached in March 1983.

• Like Like x 1
  16. The posters came and went, but '71. 72 & 73 had the new version of this

cal.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. You ad a cardboard box AND you noo sum one wiv a garden? You upmarket bleedin Toff you

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. The first test of a Pantah in Bike magazine was my bike (which I still own). It was timed at 120.8 mph at MIRA, which 40 years ago was quite good going for a road 500.

• Like Like x 6
  19. upload_2020-1-28_16-10-52.jpeg

This exact one...

• Like Like x 4
  20. Very nice story. I kept mine, a 600, until about 2014 when a couple of old knee injuries flared up and meant it was too uncomfortable to ride.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information