1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

China ADV Cruising (MTS1200S-PP)

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by TBR, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Run to the Great Wall of China and beyond.....Had a bit of service done to my Italian bike in the Ducati service centre Shanghai for some rides in the Northern part of the motherland (greater Beijing / China region) during May / June 2013.Shipped the bike up to Beijing from Shanghai earlier last month with one of our regular trucks as I have done the Shanghai-Beijing-Shanghai tour quite often and a waste of time (around 5 days for a S-B-S round trip in the old days) in my personal opinion.Has been 8 years since I had my own bike in Capital City Beijing after selling my bike up here to a mate.Got a few weeks ahead doing cruising around the greater Beijing mountain regions with the Italian bike and my bicycle (beats the friggin' Beijing traffic anytime).....Beijing: Beijing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[​IMG][/FONT][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

#1 TBR, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Greater Beijing area has brilliant twisty mountain roads, foggy days during last weekend rides but brilliant riding.Went out with a few mates on Sunday (approx. 340k) and Monday (approx. 240k) with more to come during the next weeks.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. Quick blast up the expressways towards Chongli (got off the expressway at Zhangjiakou) and took a nice scenic route back to Beijing via Chicheng and the Baihepu Reservoir.Great 580k ride with nice weather and brilliant tarmac roads - no traffic at all....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hot Pot gone wrong....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]Another quick afternoon ride out to the Pingu mountain area, awesome blast down the expressway to get to the great mountain roads around Pingu....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Monday lunch run, a flat rear tire is not going to stop me getting my tasty mountain food.....Tubeless tires, easy plug & play with sticky rope and air compressor stored under the seat at all times.Carrying Nealey Tire Repair Kits, Sticky Rope and Plug & Go Plugs to help out other riding buddies.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. One of the must do things while motorbiking around the greater Beijing area is a stopover at the Chinese restos serving fresh caught trout, grilled to perfection - delicious......[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Overnight in the Weichang Hotel, typical very basic Chinese hotel with a few associated restaurants and KTV / Karaoke next door...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Breakfast from the snack bag preferred as I am not a big fan of rice porridge, century eggs and dumplings....[​IMG]

9. Some basic Weichang chinese food available in roadside restaurants and at street stalls....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. Great Wall section up the mountains from the famous Mutanyiu Great Wall area, no crowds on a Wednesday late afternoon, perfect opportunity for some pics.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

11. Mountain cruising around the North of Beijing and going through all the Multistrada ride modes.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Lunch break in the mountains in a hotel with regular rooms and cabins...[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Thanks TBR

Brilliant report TBR !!

14. Excellent pics mate, looks like you had a great time :wink:

15. yeah, thought about showing you a bit of the other side of the world....the Pinggu run, up from Huairou, Beijing....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. The Pinggu Run / Beijing, screenshots (GPS Tracker) of the route to give a general idea...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. :upyeah:

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information