1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Chinese Fairing Sets On Ebay.

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by 999Mark, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Has anyone fitted one of these fairing sets?

Any good?

Mark.

2. Fitted a set to my Blackbird to save the factory ones bit fiddly to fit quality was good

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I bought a sterigarda set a long time ago now. There are pictures in my gallery.
    It depends how fussy you are. I am and it took a lot of work to get a decent fit as they were poor straight out of the box. I would call them 10 yard quality, any closer and they weren’t great. I also really got stung on import tax so factor that in as well.

I had my tank sprayed to match.
    In the end one of the lower fixing brackets cracked and they self distructed into many parts while I was out for a ride. If I was doing it again, I would get genuine fairings a respray and sticker kit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I was looking at these, mate smashed his R1 and bought a set, said they were as good as standard well happy, I saw the bike there not and I wouldnt be happy with them

5. I have a Xerox set on my 999, they look the business to be honest, fitted really well out of the box. You have to look hard to see any flaws.

6. i'm hovering on a set for a different bike so watching with interest :upyeah:

7. Likewise!

8. I’ve now bought a set of Fila fairings off this site. At least I know exactly what I’m getting .

9. Hi which site did you use?

10. THIS site in for sale section.
    Original fairings with a custom paint job in the Fila colour scheme.
    Second hand.

Mark.

11. Yup, fancied a change after a scrape last year. They look fantastic & fitted easily with no adjustments necessary. Kept the originals of course but would definitely recommend them for a change of look.

052D102E-DCA4-490C-8383-8D3547857F96.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Well you have a lot of bins in your neck of the woods.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Where from?

14. It was an eBay seller called motor-uk. Can’t find the original link on my phone but if you put in Ducati fairing kit, several will come up. They took 3 weeks to get here & mine were custom checked so I had an additional £55 to pay on delivery (you might get lucky & not get checked but I wasn’t). I’ve had no problems at all. Ducati Coventry put them on in an hour or so with no adjustments. I could’ve done if myself but the bike was in anyway for a bit of work so it made sense at the time. They’re clearly not OEM but the finish on mine is excellent, the lettering is lacquered in, not a transfer or a sticker, they’re bright & glossy like the originals & I get a lot of compliments about them so overall for £300, very pleased.

• Like Like x 2
  15. I have a set on my 999, about £370 I think, for the money they are very good IMO.Fitted almost perfectly out the box.
    B6ECA089-0C8A-431F-90EE-7710D0E0F1F9.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Where did you buy them from ?

17. Had them for ages off eBay from one of the Chinese sellers

Don’t buy a set from the seller ‘norac’ They were over £700 and not very good, the Chinese ones were better quality and less than £400.

#18 Kingfixer, Oct 5, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information