1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Choices For This Year.

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Hughdg, Feb 29, 2020.

1. As for many of us I'm at service time again but can't decide which one to put on the road come the start of April. My old 748E is an easy choice as it's always been my everyday bike. The second one is between 1098, 998S and Monster S4RS, all of them have been laid up for a few years and will need filters, oil, battery and of course belts ( I've ordered belts for all of them today). In the ideal world I would use all of them but the cost of putting 4 bikes on the road is going to make sure that won't happens. So what thoughts are out there about which to choose? They're all great bikes to ride and I can't decide. :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Monster S4RS

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've three Ducati's on the road at the minute (some folks have many more than me :(),and i'm poverty stricken.
    Maybe go for two if you can do some work yourself & save a few quid.:thinkingface:

4. S4RS. Sit up in comfort and pretty much as quick as the others.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. @dukesox then this way you've the best of both worlds.:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Done all my own servicing for many years now but the cost of living at the moment means that it can only be two Ducs as I also plan to put a couple of other bikes on the road and would really like to make a start on rebuilding my TZ which I stripped to the last nut and bolt about 15 years ago and I'm thinking about trying to do the Spa Classic maybe next year.
    Also planning to rebuild the extension to increase the garage size which is looking more expensive every time I think about it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. So it should be no problem with just two motorcycles this year then:upyeah:.as for the shopping have you tried scanning your own food at the checkout;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. id consider mileage , as in which you want to put more miles on... that aside if i had to choose 2 outta the 4 (im in a similar position)id gor for the monster and the 1098... for me it will be the 748 and 749 for track. although i will probably keep the 900ss otr also as i cant stop loving that!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ducking and diving financially everywhere I can, trying to keep it vaguely legal of course:D but it seems that for the 3 months starting in March every year the bills exceed the income by close to 100% which is always a challenge and I don't do overdrafts and the like.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I was in the red last year the first time ever in my life with the normal workload programme,but changed direction with a little bit of encouragement from someone i known for years and i now will be rewarded for the bold move.
    but i do agree it can be bloody tough out there,you just need to be brave & get the waders on.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  11. Yeah, chest waders maybe?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Always the ones that have been off the road the longest... They need the love.

Rex

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Had thought a similar thing which would mean the 1098, have to admit I've missed its raw power character while it's been in the garage but the S4RS is such a laugh to ride.
    I suppose at least it's one of life's better problems to have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. yeah, it could be a whole lot worse... my problem is the 2 bikes i want to run this summer are the 2 that require all the money... but again, there are worse problems to have...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. The 748 is your go to bike so the opposite of that scale must be the s4rs, which makes these two the must keeps.

the other two are much of a muchness so I'd personally sell one of those if you were going to sell any

16. Ohhhh. I have wotsits for a 998

17. Just to get the thread back on track, none of them up for sale I'm afraid not even for high quality premium snacks, times are not " that" hard fortunately
    Sorry about that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. So......... Decision made, it's going to be the 1098. I've got oil and fuel filters in stock and new belts arrived last week. Hopefully pick up a new battery this week and then it's a case of digging it out of the garage and getting it indoors. Plan is to carry out the service and belts then I've got new chain, sprockets and case saver to fit and somewhere upstairs there's a 70mm exhaust as well. New battery, serious clean up and hopefully good to go after a 6 year layup :eek:
    First job though is belt change and service on the 748 which is planned to start this Sunday.
    DSC_0023.JPG
    It's in there somewhere.

• Like Like x 4
  19. This is what it used to look like, all being well it will again. 15839525779322152174970186106070.png

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information