1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circuito De Espana

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, Dec 10, 2017.

1. So anyone else seen the latest e-mail from FE ? Combining both the Almeria and Andalucia circuits to make a single 9km circuit option.

Andy

IMG_0216.JPG

2. I'd be shagged after one lap. Looks brill though and would love to try it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Nightmare if the session is red-flagged!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I like that they've remade the Andalucia Circuit to take out most of the crap parts. A 9km combined lap will take a lot of learning though, and like said above, if you end up on a crash fest, there's going to be a load of waiting about to restart, as that's a near 4min lap for even the faster riders, and probably a 6-7min lap for the lower groups

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. will there be a petrol station halfway round? Be a very expensive hire I'd think, and you could get serious issues with bunching if you weren't careful.

Be good practice for anyone wanting to go to the island - 6.5 laps = one lap of mountain course. (40 for a full Senior TT simulation).
    I reckon that's it you know - the Spanish have cleaned up at short-circuit and now they are after the TT. There's probably a shed of proto-Marquez's all tying to understand Guy Martin somewhere...

6. Red flags will not be anymore of a problem than they usually are, they will just use both pit lanes to get bikes off the circuit, the same as Mugello, and that works fine.

7. That’d make sense, but not sure they’ve said they’d use both pits ?

8. How would they then get the riders back? Assume they have a ring road that connects the circuits that’s usable? Twice as many masrhalls. Both pits could work, then release riders from both simultaneously to reduce congestion. Or if NL use it double the amount of riders on track lol

9. The two pit lanes are opposite sides of a large car park, so logistically possible as only circa 300meters apart
    However, you'd have to lay on twice the control staff, and I can't see FE doing that.

10. Focused who !

11. And there lies the sticking point. Kevin knobhead Healy.

I'd like to try it. I know Almeria pretty well so I'd only need to learn half of it. It'll have it's drawbacks though, as already mentioned. I like the track merge point, it takes out a hazardous section of track. Seen some carnage at turn two.... eh @GreenOn. Think you had a nasty there?

12. Are focused events still doing Uk events next year?

I can't find anything on their website and still haven't heard back from them from an email I sent about a month ago

13. I love the idea of a 9km track, and the new Andalucia layout takes most of the crap bits out of that track
    However, I’ll wait and see how FE days there go a few times before I book anything up
    With a track that long, there’s a lot of chances for people to miss chequered flags, or forget a corner and bin it, and I hate sitting in the staging area waiting to go out
    I’ve heard some good reports about FE euros in the last couple of months, so hopefully they’ve seen how bad a reputation they’ve got and are trying to turn things around

14. To be fair I always found the FE team ok. Whenever I did a TD and Healy wasn't around everything was fine and dandy! His people skills are non existent. And you've either got them (people skills) or you haven't. And he hasn't! I remember he homed in on a mate of mine (a very agreeable, benign type bloke) over a very small matter and just wouldn't leave him alone. After that we said 'fuck it' no more FE.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seen some carnage at turn two.... eh @GreenOn. Think you had a nasty there?

Correct Mr Hinge, 2015, me and the bike are still having counselling after that one, o_O and my hand will never be the same again I suspect, oh well we play these silly games. Hopefully get out there this year and try the new circuit. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  16. He’ll not do that until the bike transport from the UK is in dedicated crates instead of lent up against each other in the back of an articulated lorry. Had no major damage myself, just tyre scuffing on the bodywork that poliished out but third hand tales of disasters still persist. Strangely I have always got on with Kevin but his admin need to pull their socks up. Andy

17. I went with fe to Almeria in November,never had a problem,going again early feb

18. I'd love to do this combined circuit, kind of like a Spanish half Nurburgring practice track! We had a really good trip with Focused to Imola and Mugello this year after not using them for a while and I would now use them again despite still not liking the way the bikes are transported.

19. I’ve got Andalucia booked with FE in February so hopefully they’ll be ok. I’ve been with them before to Portimao and I didn’t have any complaints. Never done Andalucia before so I’m looking forward to it.

20. The new layout of Andalucia looks pretty good, as it was a bit pants until this new refurb
    You’ll have a great time

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information