1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarke Hydraulic Bike Lift....

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Sambighair, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Worth getting one or not? Vat free deal on at the mo means they are 440 including delivery.
    Any of you lot have one or similar?
    Cheers
    Sam

2. Defo, buy, buy, buy. :upyeah:

IMG_3770.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. IMHO make sure its long enough and wide enough for front and rear stands or its not worth bothering (front stand may need a chock removing)

4. Yep, when I take the front wheel off using a paddock stand, I take the chocks off. 2 mins with an impact wrench and spanner. :upyeah:

IMG_5049.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  5. I have the CML 3 air and foot lift, absolutely invaluable. Takes a full size single sided swing arm paddock stand and is long enough to use front and rear paddock stands at the same time. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. i made the mistake of buying a narrower lift. it was fine with regular bikes but useless with single sided swing arm as the paddock stands tend to be wider

7. I've told you before to strap those paddock stands, you trip (the size of you) and it's skittles :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I was a bit worried, :worried: I fell over in the road earlier and look what I did. :eyes:

washington-ave-cave-injpg-ac34e1c551870acd.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. I've been through two. The fist one had a failure of the pump and as I was moving fast, rather than fix it, I had to dump it. I have since bought another. The first failure may of been down to lack of use of the jack for many years - it all worked but the table never raised! The second one is about two and a half years old and is fine. The platform is big enough to use paddock stands to raise both ends enough for wheel removal.

10. I have to say that bike is scrummy... especially with just the nose cone fitted and not the full fairing.. just my opinion mind.. x

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Snap mine did the same. Probably oil or something but I gave it away to anyone who could collect it!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scare's me when I see this photo, With my luck the lot would end up upside down on the floor :eek:

13. I've telt him time and time again :rolleyes:

14. Sam
    Where are they being advertised vat free?
    Cheers.

15. Evening Tony, with him mentioning Vat free i'd be guessing at Machine Mart. If you buy something from them they normally send you a email with a code on which takes the Vat off when paying.

Stu.

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Machine mart are having one of their vat free offers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks Sam & Stu

• Like Like x 1
  18. I used to use Machine mart often until I had a purchase ( air drill ) fail a couple of weeks after buying. Rather than offer a replacement or a refund they insisted it was their policy and right to send the item to their lab for testing? Took weeks for them to confirm it was faulty..

Stopped using them now...

19. I had an issue with them when an oil filled heater stopped working 2 days out of warranty they said they would repair it but it would cost me more to repair than I paid for it in the first place!! The only reason I'd entertain getting a lift is the reviews on it are fantastic, every one a5 star!

20. One thing no-one has mentioned yet. The partly assembled lift is delivered in a crate strapped to a pallet and is very heavy. I found it very difficult to get it off the pallet and out if the box ready for final assembly on my own. I still wouldn’t be without it though. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information