1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning Matte Finish Farings

Discussion in 'Detailing and cleaning' started by saxman, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Any suggestions on cleaning and protecting fairings with a matte finish?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. As @Towser stated...the Nanolex Matte specific products are excellent.....just be aware though if you scratch your matte finish you are essentially buggered - Nothing can be done to rectify the damage.....if you want the ULTIMATE and IMHO if you have a matte finish then you can have the parts wrapped in satin PPF ( Xpel produce this film )....but it will need to be professionally installed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Thanks, I was thinking of getting a protective wrap done by a pro to prevent stone chips.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had matte paint protection film put on mine when I had a matte bike.
    Always washed the paint with baby shampoo or used clear glass cleaner and a micro wipe.

Still looked as new when I sold it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I had Expel Stealth on my white Supersport and then coated that with matte Nanolex.
    There are also several providers of a matte shampoo, Nanolex make one...

Nanolex Matte Reactivating Shampoo is designed to clean and protect matt paint finishes and matt vinyl wraps in a single easy step. While washing your car, the advanced formula forms a molecular bond with previously applied protective layers and refreshes them. Surfaces sealed with matt-specific fully synthetic last step products therefore become better protected as a result, and water beading is significantly enhanced (which aids self-cleaning via the Lotus Effect). Nanolex Matte Reactivating Shampoo also contains a high-tech rinse aid that will leave your car almost completely dry after rinsing off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information