1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cleaning The Brembo Rear Brake Master Cylinder

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by ck_uk, Sep 3, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Any tips please on refurbing this unit?

The rubber o-ring/seal on this has seen better days. Do I just leave as is (it wasn't leaking) or should I replace? Should it just unscrew from the housing?

Not sure whether to release the circlip either, looks a bit minging but again I never had any issues with the rear brake operation, just like things to be as good as they can. What lies beneath? Am I better off leaving it alone?

IMG_20200902_193300.jpg
    IMG_20200902_193326.jpg

2. I should be more inclined to fit a new one as they are only about £50. A rebuild kit would cost most of that anyway.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Having rebuilt some of these, it is better just to buy new. The rebuild for the piston is about 25 quid and the rebuild for the plastic elbow is not far off 20 quid too....

4. My Multistrada recently suffered clutch lift issues which turned out to be the master cylinder. I bought a refurb kit which solved the issue but the price difference between a kit and the master cylinder made it worthwhile doing. Not sure it’s the same with the rear brake master cylinder with the costs of the refurb kit and new master cylinder being in the same ball park. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information