1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clocks On 1000 Ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by conkers, Sep 10, 2016.

1. Have some superficial scrapes on both faces of my instrument panel. Don't know how they got there - (came with the bike!) Is it possible to replace the glass or perspex or whatever without resorting to a complete unit change?
    Cheers.

2. With all the combined so called knowledge on this forum you'd think somebody would have a pretty good idea about removing the lenses from a 1000ss! Not one peep ! niente; nada; ziltch; nothing. So thanks y'all , it's been enlightening to say the least. Have been reading avidly the ELEVEN replies on how to get fuel out of a fuel tank FFS !!!!! Perhaps I should get in with the IN crowd and then I can ask whatever daft question I like.
    I'll suss it myself.

Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. Et bon nuit, aussi......

4. the reason there were eleven answers was it was an easy question !
    if you asked about a carby ss ther would have been
    a plethora of answers

5. Not familiar with 1000ds clocks but most ducati clocks are sealed units.

6. I think it can be done, but very difficult, I've read about it somewhere on line, perhaps on Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum , why not put it in Google and see what it brings up? Probably not many replies because no one here has done it, so no need to go off on one, help yourself.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The 1000SS is rare, and the the clocks are different from the 900Iae and the carby. If it was carby clocks I couldve helped and informed you how darn difficult it was, yet possible. I dont know about the 1000.

I have asked questions where noone has answered, I didnt throw my toys out the pram, take it easy, no one wants to help a grumpy chops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maybe Noone didn't know the answer this time?

9. Oh dear Arquebus - you must remember that the adjective must agree with the noun and since the noun is feminine , so the adjective must also be feminine. In this case the correct "put down" should have been "bonne nuit". But why am I explaining this to you when all you can help with is a misspelled sarcastic remark!!

Cordialement.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Really Al, is that possible?
    ;p
    Oh and it should be
    ' noone knew..'

#10 Desmoquattro, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  11. It was delberate.......as you are apparently a stroppy male;

.........but if you wish to behave like a silly person of the opposite gender, I will happily correct it pour toi, ma cherie.

OK-ment?

12. I didn't reply, but I'm interested in the same answer... My 900 ie has scratched dials and I'd love to know how to deal with them.

I do remember ages ago that Greygate made some plastic polish that was good for scratches... I'll look up and see if I can find out about it. Polishing them out must (surely...) be better than resorting to surgery on the clocks.

thinking about it, I suppose metal polish might do the trick, if we're careful. But I'll try to find out about the plastic polish first...

13. Knobhead alert. Do you think we all actually have these clocks? Mine has 916 style clocks, and the carby people, which makes up most of the people on this forum, have prehistoric things you used to see in Triumph Spitfires and the like.

#15 richgilb, Sep 14, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. The clock lenses will be perspex of some flavour, as are most headlights on cars. There are innumerable YouTube videos showing how to restore scratched, or hazy lenses, the remedy for your clocks will be no different. Try this, or any other of the very many video remedies available

Good luck

#16 Borgo Panigale, Sep 15, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  15. Similar clocks on all 2V bikes from 2003 M.Y. to 2006 I think.

16. ss ie clocks 750 and 900 not the same as ss 1000
    I don't think
    first clock are mine second are ss 1000

008 (2).JPG 434.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. ohh look more than eleven replies

• Like Like x 1
  18. Top photo is a pre 2003 M.Y. bike, the only engine sizes made from 2003 in 2V are 620, 800, & 1000, then later 1100.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information