1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Clutch And Brake Levers

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Mattt, Dec 13, 2018.

1. Trying to get my 1996 biposta back to as near as stock as possible,it came with mismatched levers ,ones a silver colour and the other is a grey darker colour
    What ones are fitted as stock are they available?
    If not has anyone got any for sale
    Thanks
    Matt

2. I believe the standard levers are silver accross the years. Should be easy to find a pair or just one on eBay

3. So the chrome one is the wrong one,and the gun metal/ grey silver is the correct one?

4. Nah. Like mine, I reckon the shiny/polished aluminium ones are the OEM. The darker grey ones are probably after market.

5. Might be mistaken but I thought the older ones were the darker grey ones...
    Possibly and probably wrong. Nearly finishing my 2nd double shift on the bounce. need sleep!

6. You could be right. My 748 is a 2002

7. The Dark Grey coloured levers were certainly fitted to the 748SPS models as standard and possibly the 748SP. Silver ones which have a polished aluminium look were fitted across the 916-998 stock range from my experience.

8. The darker ones were OEM at that time, then they switched to silver. You can't get the older ones any longer. If you order off the old part number, a pair of silver now turn up.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I have some plain aluminium levers from ST2. Also I have a complete pair with
    master cylinders (brembo) available. At a bargain price.
    David
    How do I advertise my ST2 for sale?? Also a running project bike Triumph Trophy
    900 Triple. (very cheap)

11. I shall take some photos and you cansee their condition.
    I am uncertain about sending Items by post. Can you make enquiries as to whether these automotive items
    will be acceptable by Australia. I can drain them and dry them out and polythene wrap them and box them.
    Then I shall weigh them as individual items. They are not light.
    (I thought Australia was full of Italian spare parts).

12. Lygon street in Melbourne is...

13. The OE ones have the Ducati badge on them

14. Many thanks David. I am fairly sure they are OK. I bought a crank and rods from Italy and cylinders and pistons from the USA so they should be OK. Appreciate it.

15. I will need a few days to fetch these items from my store for photography.
    Thanks for your patience

• Like Like x 1
  16. Take your time David. It's a busy time of the year for a lot of us. I appreciate it

17. Not had that close a look at that sort of tourist spot. Is it interesting?

18. 916 had greeny brown levers. The bolts for the master cylinder going in the clamp horizontally
    996 polished levers (silver). The bolts for the master cylinder going in to the clamp vertically , it’s not just the levers that are different

19. uncovered the bike and had a look, the levers do look different ,not just colou rwise ,on each side as well
    Ive been looking at a few online photos and as also mentioned i think mine ,being a N reg ,should have the dark grey ones

The brake is dark grey with a gold reach adjustment wheel,gold clamp with some numbers stamped on it
    The clutch is silver ,bit scruffy ,with gold clamp and a G cast into it
    Anyone have a clutch was sale in grey ,with possibly a clamp?
    No idea if the clutch bracket and fluid reservoir is interchangeable yet !
    Thanks Matt

Do Not Sell My Personal Information