1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clutch Fluid...

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Mark - Ducati Bournemouth, May 3, 2021.

1. Hi all

bit of advice please...my 748 is losing clutch fluid somewhere! Nothing leaking that I can see, clutch makes a low pitch whine when releasing in first gear and very occasionally, I’ve had a crunching noise (sounds like side stand is down which of course it’s not!)...no slip and shifts perfectly! Is it buggered? :rolleyes:

2. Do you still have the original clutch slave cylinder ? That is often the failure point. A replacement like the Oberon sorts it out. Andy

3. Slightly off topic, do you know how much less pushrod travel there is between the oberon and oem slave Andy?

4. I would hazard a guess that if you’re losing fluid and can’t see where from then it’s the slave cylinder. If the fluid is not obviously dripping out the bottom of the slave then it’s either travelling along the push rod internally or leaking to the rear and mingling with the gunge around the front sprocket. I’d remove the slave and you’ll soon see if it’s leaking or not.

As for noises from the clutch, hard to say without seeing or hearing but the clutch is easy enough to open up and have a look inside.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. As far as I’m aware, none. Oberon include a push rod spacer in their Ducati kit for the earlier models which had a shorter push rod. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  6. thanks Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information